Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Composite Intake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2012, 07:57 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Composite Intake

Looking for composite intake to fit 04 GT HO. PM me if you've got one.....

Thanks\

Jeff
Old 26 Apr 2012, 08:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Composite Intake

Dealership, won't cost you more than 105 bucks for the upper/lower/12 bolts/newer dipstick tube.

You'll probably end up paying a bit more for a used intake manifold cause of shipping from another member.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 11:31 am
Young Cruiser

Cool, got a part #?
Old 27 Apr 2012, 04:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

It's posted everywhere; do a search.

Actually you don't even need any part numbers. If you go to the parts department, tell them you want the upper/lower intake manifold.

They will pull up a blown up picture of any and all parts relating to intake manifold. Tell them its for a 2006 PT Cruiser Turbo. From there they can grab the part #'s and order them for you (no, they don't charge you shipping either).
Old 27 Apr 2012, 05:02 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Description............Part #............QTY....Price

MANIFOLD.............4884514AB........1......55.49

MANIFOLD.............4884520AB........1......34.04

SCREW..................6505557AA.......5........0. 46

BOLT.....................6505812AA.......2........ 0.46

TUBE.....................4777964AB.......1........ 4.54

SCREW...................6506770AA.......5........0 .98

Subtotal 102.19
Shipping 19.27
Tax 0.00
Total 121.46

Is only missing the vanity cover, which I never bought. Got all this at mopar-wholesale.com...btw, my local dealer wanted a little over $200 for the same parts, so I saved $80+ by getting them online.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 06:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Good luck with that, I just did mine here is the link!!!

ROCKETMAN MOD'S
Old 02 May 2012, 05:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
Description............Part #............QTY....Price

MANIFOLD.............4884514AB........1......55.49

MANIFOLD.............4884520AB........1......34.04

SCREW..................6505557AA.......5........0. 46

BOLT.....................6505812AA.......2........ 0.46

TUBE.....................4777964AB.......1........ 4.54

SCREW...................6506770AA.......5........0 .98

Subtotal 102.19
Shipping 19.27
Tax 0.00
Total 121.46

Is only missing the vanity cover, which I never bought. Got all this at mopar-wholesale.com...btw, my local dealer wanted a little over $200 for the same parts, so I saved $80+ by getting them online.
Thanks!
Old 05 May 2012, 12:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
Is there a reason that you didn't get the vanity cover? I read somewhere here that leaving it off keeps the intake a little cooler especially if you remove the insulation. I like the look of the cover but not if it affects performance.
Old 05 May 2012, 01:44 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Yeah is because I heard is better without it but also because NAKED is SEXIER....what you think?

Old 05 May 2012, 01:51 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyGT View Post
Is there a reason that you didn't get the vanity cover? I read somewhere here that leaving it off keeps the intake a little cooler especially if you remove the insulation. I like the look of the cover but not if it affects performance.
The vanity cover was originally designed as method of cutting some of the sound that is produced by the intake and to reflect engine compartment heat from soaking into the intake. In other words, make it quieter for John Q. Public and to help prevent heat soak from engine compartment air temps. I owned a speed shop all through the sixties and have done my share of vehicle work since then and I can say without a doubt, the PTs engine compartment is the hottest I have dealt with. If you remove the silenceing insulation that is on the inside of the cover you will get some of the neat performance sound back AND the remaining body of the cover will still help deter some of the heat that is generated in our PTs really hot engine compartment from soaking into the intake body. That very hot air causes more heat soak than the heat transfer from contact with the block that was the major concern with the old aluminum intake that was on the early Turbos, for instance. The composite intakes absorb much less heat from the block than the Aluminum intakes, so the heat that is absorbed from the compartment air becomes more important than with the metal intake. Many owners have been making the assumption that the "ridges" on the intake are there to help cool the intake. Their original purpose and main function, is to strengthen the intake structure, in the same way that bead rolling strengthens a flat piece of sheetmetal. I've spoken personally (on line) with Gary Mckissick, the engineer that headed the turbo design team of our turbo engines about this and other turbo related "stuff". He was a long time member of the Crew. In other words I can see --NO-- downside to using the cover, except the extra cost up front to buy it. I modified and used the old NA style cover and when I switched over to the Turbo intake on my NA I used the modded turbo intake on it. I made up a decal for the Turbo cover and for that reason, I used to use it only at shows, because I didn't want to expose the decals to high engine temps for any longer than necessary. I soon got over that line of thought and have had the turbo cover with its decal and several other decals on permanently for a LONG time now, with no problem. I even made a smaller cover for the turbo cover.

PLEASE click below

Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102 turbo intake and primered vanity cover.jpg (85.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 112 vanity cover-cover.jpg (41.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 121.4 turbo vanity, etc..jpg (96.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 121.5 turbo vanity, etc..jpg (44.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 123.5 na vanity cover.jpg (36.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 125.0 power steering & TURBO overflow tank.jpg (62.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by wwpptc; 05 May 2012 at 02:59 pm.