PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I need a connector

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 May 2012, 08:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default I need a connector

I need the connector c105 that is under the steering wheel behind the fuse box. It should be for a 2001 pt cruiser limited edition.
Old 14 May 2012, 09:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: I need a connector

Found drawings for two C105 connectors, not sure which one is yours...

So what's the problem with your connector? You need a push-pin connector too to put in a new one, and you have to have a pin-crimp tool to add the pins to the end of the wires. The only place I know of to find this connector is Chrysler. I just went through Mouser, DelCity, and several others and cannot find that type of connector. If you have it in your hand, look and see if it has the manufacturer's name on it, then google them.

Last edited by Chromenut; 14 May 2012 at 09:27 am.
Old 14 May 2012, 09:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

I found the part number 05019928AA online. Once im out from school im going to called the dealer if they have that connecter.
Old 14 May 2012, 10:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

So, may I ask, why do you need a new connector there? I've never heard of anyone needing to replace one.
Old 14 May 2012, 02:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I need it because it has melt part of the connector
Old 14 May 2012, 06:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Yikes! Poor guy.
Old 18 May 2012, 10:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

Not sure if I can ask under this post, but here's my question: How do I remove and replace the electrical fan connector? My vehicle was overheating and I've managed to replace the t-stat, fan, relays, and radiator. The car has stopped overheating, but the fan doesn't turn on. I do hear and feel wind being blown from under the motor somewhere, but my assumption has been that if I turn on the a/c when starting the vehicle (and when letting it warm up to mid-temp), then the fan attatched to the radiator would be turning on. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 18 May 2012, 10:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The fan should turn on any time the A/C is running and stay on whenever the A/C is on no matter how cold the coolant or engine is.

Not sure about the electrical fan connector as far as removing it. To disconnect it from the wiring harness, push the red locking piece over to the left (that unlocks it) and lift the "U" shaped locking tab that holds the tow pieces of the connector together and pull the connection apart. Then you have two parts of the fan connector. One goes to the fan motor the other into a large wiring harness.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 May 2012, 11:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Great pic! That connector that connects to the fan (the one connected to the car itself) is all burnt and missing the red thing and the U piece that may lock it in. Any idea on what it's called or the part #. I've tried to describe it to the autoshops around my area, but these teenagers aren't too adept in these sort of things.
Old 18 May 2012, 12:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

My parts catalog does not break it down to the connector number. Maybe Chromenut might be able to dig something up.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.