Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WTB- GT solenoid bracket

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Feb 2004, 11:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default WTB- GT solenoid bracket

Hey all as I was one of the first to install strut-bar on GT, I did a "hack" job on my bracket and zip-tied to the bar . I was wondering of any of you who installed the "btg" bar would be kind enough to post a picture of their bracket. Also I was wondering if anyone would like to sell me their old stock bracket reasonably so I can beautify my cob job before the show season opens ? Thanks Jeff
Old 17 Feb 2004, 11:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Jeff, the only pic I have is here but you can't see the bracket very well at all. I'll take a shot in the morning and post back for you. It makes for a pretty clean install, but the solenoids don't want to stay put too well until it's finally bolted in. By the way, this solenoid bracket it the ONLY thing different from the non-turbo bar. You can probably contact PT Tuning and have them send you just the bracket.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:17 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Mike thanks... here's apic of mine...I don't have BTG strut,so i was wondering how it bolted up .
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 18 Feb 2004, 03:27 am
insane1

Old 18 Feb 2004, 08:44 am
Fanatic Cruiser

thank you insane1 ! I guess from your picture the bracket is secured under the third/rear strut nut ?
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 18 Feb 2004, 09:22 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the forum insane1.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 18 Feb 2004, 01:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:flashbk2 Posted - 02/18/2004 : 06:44:38 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you insane1 ! I guess from your picture the bracket is secured under the third/rear strut nut ?
OK, so insane1 beat me to the pic but no, the bracket doesn't work that way flashbk2. It is actually a longer piece that attaches to the brace itself. You have to cut away part of the old piece because the stock bracket holds not just the solenoids but the cruise control module as well, and of course you need to retain the bit that holds the cruise control. If you go here you'll find links to the install instructions. Look at page 2, step 15, and you'll get a real good look at how it's done.