PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
NEED 2005 Turbo Power Steering Reservoir ONLY... The "Holy Grail" of PT parts?

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Dec 2012, 05:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default NEED 2005 Turbo Power Steering Reservoir ONLY... The "Holy Grail" of PT parts?

Man, the only thing you can't readily find on the internet! I've already bought part number 05272351AA, but I have a feeling my mechanic is going to say "I can't install this"... Is there anywhere I can just buy THIS reservoir? The res is cracked and already replaced the rack and pump... obviously other person didn't get the model with the new included reservoir. Best, Thanks!
Old 09 Dec 2012, 07:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: NEED 2005 Turbo Power Steering Reservoir ONLY... The "Holy Grail" of PT parts?

There's a couple guys on this forum, one goes to the pick & Pull yards and the other knows a place that gets all sorts of odd parts. Hopefully one of them will see this post and help you out.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Apr 2015, 09:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: NEED 2005 Turbo Power Steering Reservoir ONLY... The "Holy Grail" of PT parts?

I know this post is a few years old. Unfortunately, I've got the same problem. I've got a 2005 PT Cruiser convertible, and I need the one that fits the turbo model (05272313AG - I believe - from PT Cruiser service manual). I've already had the power steering pump replaced and then realized I need the reservoir too. Wish when I was looking on-line for them, at least one of the folks websites would have told me that this part can't really be purchased separately ;oP... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 07 Apr 2015, 08:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The problem is that these are not easy to get at on a salvage car. A lot of stuff has to be removed to get one. And you will likely have to buy the entire used pump to get it. Otherwise, I'd be glad to grab you a spare if it was only a 10-minute deal.

Forum member Bubba_1952 is likely the guy to get you one. You just need to be willing to pay him for his time.

Old 12 Apr 2015, 11:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks Handy_Cruiser!!! Checked-out one salvage yard last week. Lots of PT's, but NONE with turbo, so nothing matching (even checked out some of the Neon's, since they supposedly share some parts...no joy there either).

The one in the photo you posted may be the one I need, but am not sure from the angle (you just teasing me a little here??? ;o)...).

I've gotten lots of good advice and info from this forum, but never contacted anyone directly. I'll have to figure out how to contact Bubba_1952. As difficult as these apparently are to find, I can't complain too much about paying a bit for someones time.

Still just can't figure out why folks sell this without the reservoir at all, and the local parts folks, including O'Reilly's and Autozone don't even offer it WITH it(???), not to mention advise that it might be a problem...

Thanks again.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 01:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Do you still have the original reservoir? If so I would suggest trying to repair the crack or have someone repair the crack for you if its possible.
Storminone likes this.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 09:08 am
Senior Cruiser

They have mopar remans on ebay. They are not cheap at $190, but the price includes a $75 refundable core charge when you ship your old one back:

Dodge Neon Mopar R5273760AC Chrysler PT Cruiser | eBay

They also have new ones but they are $290-350 depending on the seller.
Storminone likes this.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 10:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storminone View Post
Thanks Handy_Cruiser!!! Checked-out one salvage yard last week. Lots of PT's, but NONE with turbo, so nothing matching (even checked out some of the Neon's, since they supposedly share some parts...no joy there either).

The one in the photo you posted may be the one I need, but am not sure from the angle (you just teasing me a little here??? ;o)...).

I've gotten lots of good advice and info from this forum, but never contacted anyone directly. I'll have to figure out how to contact Bubba_1952. As difficult as these apparently are to find, I can't complain too much about paying a bit for someones time.

Still just can't figure out why folks sell this without the reservoir at all, and the local parts folks, including O'Reilly's and Autozone don't even offer it WITH it(???), not to mention advise that it might be a problem...

Thanks again.
Yes, that photo I posted it the reservoir that you need. And only difference is that the one in the photo has a yellow cap and yours likely has a black cap. The reservoir itself is identical.
Storminone likes this.
Old 14 Apr 2015, 02:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks guys for the help. Unfortunately, my mechanic has already tried sealing it. The link to the folks doing the rebuilds is actually in my area, but I've already replaced the pump, and only need the reservoir. If it's my last resort, then I guess it's still better than the $400.00 for a new one that another local Chrysler dealer quoted me.

Oh, and Handy_Cruiser, thanks for teasing me like that (you are correct, my cap is black) ;o) ...
Old 14 Apr 2015, 10:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

I just found this listing on craigslist. Maybe you can get it for a good price:

power steering pump pt cruiser
Storminone likes this.