Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WTB lowering springs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Dec 2012, 09:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default WTB lowering springs

Title says it all, interested in any brand. Show me what you got!

Old 25 Dec 2012, 10:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: WTB lowering springs

These are what my front struts looked like before and after:

Those are H&R Sport Springs, I bought them from Germany so I could get them 2mm thicker than the ones here in the states, plus they powder coated them to match my PT. The struts are Tokicos.

These are the rears:

This is what she looked like before the big wreck that tore the front end off:

This is her now, beefy FMIC, still have to refinish the 3-tube grill and remount it:

What you don't see is there is a fine mesh grill over the IC, you have to put something over it to protect it from rocks and such. I'll also soon be mounting LED driving lights to the right and left of the IC, small enough so that they don't block airflow.

Lastly, remember that when you drop your PT, you need to trim down the bump stops, otherwise you'll keep bottoming out on them. If you lower your car past 2.5", be careful not to cut your bump stops in the rear that far down because, like mine, when you hit dips and bumps your tires will top out in the fender well, thank goodness the liner is plastic. I'll be doing a shoot soon to get a look at how badly I'm wearing that liner because I'm rubbing it way too much.

You can buy the H&R springs here in the states and they will be less expensive than the ones I purchased. There are MANY brands and models out there, for me the H&Rs are the best, they don't demolish the ride like the Slammers do, so you don't have to worry about your dental work when driving, but she rides like she's on rails. Oh, the other thing too, you MUST get all 4 wheels aligned after the drop. Lots of people don't but I can tell you it'll cause excessive tire wear and probably some steering issues if you don't.

Oh also went with larger wheels and tires - MB Drifterz from Discount Tire and Pirelli P6's, the best tires I've ever had.
Old 25 Dec 2012, 11:10 pm
Banned

Cool Re: WTB lowering springs

I had the eibachs on for about a year. During that time I was doing all my modding. I never race the 5 speed gt, I baby it more than anything, going more for sound and visual over performance. I also only drive it on some weekends. Most of the time it sits In the garage covered up.

For that reason I got the slammers. The ride took some time to get use to. Couple of more things left to do to make it more tolerable, but I am happy.

As an everyday spring the eibachs were the ones for me, my wife's pt has the h&r's, they don't sit as low as the eibachs but still have a more aggressive look than the stock setup

Good luck with your decision
Old 28 Dec 2012, 11:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: WTB lowering springs

Set of 4 Vogtland lowering coils-these are as new-not even dirty.Check them out on line,these will produce about a 1.25 inch drop while maintaining great ride and handleing characteristics.
New $300+,mine $200 + shipping.

turbodog

Last edited by turbodog; 02 Jan 2013 at 09:43 am. Reason: New lower price $175 + shipping