Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
looking for overhead console

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jan 2013, 10:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default looking for overhead console

What the title says. One broken or one that works. It doesnt matter and i dont need the connector. Its the one that has the temp reading on it. Just as long as it looks in good shape. Im looking to do a mod to it. Girlfriend said it sounded pretty cool so why not try it. . Local pick n pull doesnt have any. Hoping someone has one? Thatd be cool.
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.

Last edited by jrbsr05pt; 29 Jan 2013 at 10:43 am.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 10:41 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: looking for overhead console

Forget to add a picture yet again but here is the one im looking for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $T2eC16R,!zcE9s4g3Ic)BQBFfdfOkg~~60_35.jpg (10.4 KB, 35 views)
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 03:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Are you wanting to MOD the outer shell or the inner electronics?
And do check eBay.
pt cruiser overhead -fits | eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbsr05pt View Post
What the title says. One broken or one that works. It doesnt matter and i dont need the connector. Its the one that has the temp reading on it. Just as long as it looks in good shape. Im looking to do a mod to it. Girlfriend said it sounded pretty cool so why not try it. . Local pick n pull doesnt have any. Hoping someone has one? Thatd be cool.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 03:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanatanadharma View Post
Are you wanting to MOD the outer shell or the inner electronics?
And do check eBay.
pt cruiser overhead -fits | eBay
Im actually a big ebayer also craigslist and alot of forums. I checked on ebay earlier this week for them but 25$ and up seems steep for what im wanting to do and im take the temp reading screen out. And well guess i would need the harness for the lights or i could do it myself but i dont want to go into to much detail as what i want to do as im almost sure its never been done before and when i finally do it thats when ill post pics of the how to and process.

Old 01 Feb 2013, 05:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have one 30 plus 10$ shipping

Old 01 Feb 2013, 08:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks bud but no thanks. Like I said above. They have them on ebay cheaper then that but I feel it isn't worth the 25+ the most I'll pay is 20 including shipping. Not saying that's what I'm offering you. Just making that aware for the next reader.

Old 01 Feb 2013, 08:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

If I do 20$ shipped I will use the least expensive shipping there is instead of getting it in 3-4 days it would be 7-8 days
Old 01 Feb 2013, 10:41 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I have one that I would do for 20 shipped . The catch is you have to clean it up for that price.
Old 08 Feb 2013, 10:27 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbsr05pt View Post
Im actually a big ebayer also craigslist and alot of forums. I checked on ebay earlier this week for them but 25$ and up seems steep for what im wanting to do and im take the temp reading screen out. And well guess i would need the harness for the lights or i could do it myself but i dont want to go into to much detail as what i want to do as im almost sure its never been done before and when i finally do it thats when ill post pics of the how to and process.

"Mr. Mike" of custom PT custom upholstery fame, used an LHS console and put his "back-up" sensor readout display in the spot where the factory readings normally were. You can see the process on his upholstery site. I unabashedly stole his idea, but did a little fiberglas work and put my AFR gauge there for a short time before moving it again to another spot with the vac/boost gauge and the Aeroforce gauge. Now I'm changing them again.

PLEASE CLICK BELOW to see the console in stock form plus a coil heat guard, one of the rear finger guards, the two "industrial gauge stands, etc.

PLEASE CLICK BELOW

Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 032 LHS console& stuff.jpg (48.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by wwpptc; 08 Feb 2013 at 10:30 pm.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 08:25 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post
"Mr. Mike" of custom PT custom upholstery fame, used an LHS console and put his "back-up" sensor readout display in the spot where the factory readings normally were. You can see the process on his upholstery site. I unabashedly stole his idea, but did a little fiberglas work and put my AFR gauge there for a short time before moving it again to another spot with the vac/boost gauge and the Aeroforce gauge. Now I'm changing them again.

PLEASE CLICK BELOW to see the console in stock form plus a coil heat guard, one of the rear finger guards, the two "industrial gauge stands, etc.

PLEASE CLICK BELOW

Jerry
well im still in the process of buying all the parts for my car while its cold out so when it starts getting warmer i can start doing more to it. But what "Mr. Mike" did is similar to what i want to do. I want to put a voltage gauge in the spot where the temp shows. I have a complete sound system setup. half installed, just for something to listen to and the other half in my closet. 2 phoenix gold xs6600's and 2 phoenix gold xs2500's and a kinetik 2400 and 2 sa-8's. this all wont be installed for another year as i still have more to buy and more planning but i want it to look sick. Figured nows the time to get everything i need and put it away for a better time but i didnt think of using a different overhead console. I might look into a few different ones also. Thanks