Advertisements
WTB: Spoiler - silver (PS2) - factory

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Nov 2015, 12:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default WTB: Spoiler - silver (PS2) - factory

Hi Gang,
I'm looking for a stock, factory, silver PT spoiler to put on my silver PT.

I read someone post there wasn't much of a market for them anymore... so thought I'd ask up and see if anyone had one they wanted to part with.

I'd like it in good, usable condition, but doesn't have to be perfect... since my PT isn't perfect either. I just don't want to have to repaint it.

Cheers!
Old 12 Nov 2015, 01:08 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: WTB: Spoiler - silver (PS2) - factory

I don't have one, but the next time I go to the junkyard, I'll look and see if I can find one. Last time I checked, there were a couple of silver ones in the yard. I wasn't looking for spoilers, so don't remember if they had one or not. You have any parts you'd want to trade instead of buying one? I need a couple of lower control arms.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 12 Nov 2015, 03:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

Wouldn't painting be just as cheap as shipping?
Old 12 Nov 2015, 03:32 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

The question here is this. If I drive a sixty mile round trip to the junkyard to get you a silver spoiler which I would ask $75 plus shipping for would you buy it?
The cars are the silver from 2004 I believe. Shipping may cost as much as the spoiler.
That is why I said there is little market for some parts especially big stuff. The shipping these days is crazy expensive. Those spoilers are very light but long and broad, box wise.
Me, if I want something and the price is reasonable, realize shipping is what it is... A convenience to get something not locally available so I don't eat out for a month and get the parts I want or need. Sometimes I have to pass too but that's the way it goes.
Old 12 Nov 2015, 04:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I would buy one for $75 shipped... as long as it is in decent condition. Not cracked or all scuffed-up.

Cheers!
Old 12 Nov 2015, 04:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

There you have it. If I drive sixty miles round trip about $8 in gas, pay $3 entry to junkyard, buy spoiler for $45, spend a half hour boxing it and then drive to the post office or ups office, then pay shipping, my guess $35, just a guess, am I crazy or is this a losing deal for me?
You see, I finance my car stuff by selling car stuff. If I did any transaction like the above, I would not have my 03 Dream Cruiser, my 02 Dream Cruiser, my spare parts, my tools, my storage shed, or any hobby but dreams about hobbies.
Profit fuels the world, national, and local economies, including car hobby purchases and hunting and fishing and camping and life itself.
Shipping is shipping, it costs what it costs, it is not part of the parts transaction.
I now get down from my soapbox and go to the post office to pick up the mudflaps I bought for a good price and paid shipping of almost the cost of the mudflaps. But... I WANTED mudflaps and had only one pair to go on two cars. Thank you.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 11:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

So you're not offering me one for $75 shipped? I get it... it's not economical for you to get one to flip to me.

Perhaps there are other folks who have one laying around they wouldn't mind parting with... or just want it out of their garage.

Still looking.

Cheers!

Last edited by ripcuda; 13 Nov 2015 at 02:06 pm. Reason: civility
Old 13 Nov 2015, 04:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Don't give up yet, ripcuda. I have to go to the church tomorrow to mow the grass and the junkyard is right across the street. Let me go see if I can find you one. If they don't want too much and I can figure a way to pack it, I'll grab you one. No promises, no guarantees, except that I'll go look. Fair enough?

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 04:27 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
So you're not offering me one for $75 shipped? I get it... it's not economical for you to get one to flip to me.

Perhaps there are other folks who have one laying around they wouldn't mind parting with... or just want it out of their garage.

Still looking.

Cheers!
Don't give up yet. You might try sending a PM to "bubba_1952" he has always been very accommodating and very reasonable with his prices. He may have just what you are looking for! Good luck on your search, I'm there will be one out there somewhere!
Old 13 Nov 2015, 05:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Don't give up yet, ripcuda. I have to go to the church tomorrow to mow the grass and the junkyard is right across the street. Let me go see if I can find you one. If they don't want too much and I can figure a way to pack it, I'll grab you one. No promises, no guarantees, except that I'll go look. Fair enough?
Appreciate you taking a look chuzz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Don't give up yet. You might try sending a PM to "bubba_1952" he has always been very accommodating and very reasonable with his prices. He may have just what you are looking for! Good luck on your search, I'm there will be one out there somewhere!
Thanks for the lead rckstein!

No rush... no worries. Just keeping my eyes open for one.

Cheers!