Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WTB: 03 GT 5-speed stage 1, cargo net, Rear Mud guards

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Dec 2015, 02:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Smile WTB: 03 GT 5-speed stage 1, cargo net, Rear Mud guards, B.O.V.

Hoping to get these items if anyone has them available let me know. I am also looking on ebay. Also a blow off valve.

Last edited by _PTGT03; 17 Dec 2015 at 02:33 pm.
Old 17 Dec 2015, 02:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: WTB: 03 GT 5-speed stage 1, cargo net, Rear Mud guards

I have a cargo net and a cubby hole top. $25 plus shipping to you will get them both. Or $15 for the cargo net, plus shipping. My wife has a PayPal account if you have one. The cubby hole top is taupe, but I'm sure you can paint it to match. I THINK i have it pictured for sale in the Classified section.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 17 Dec 2015, 02:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

what exactly is the cubby hole guard ? i have seen pictures of it but I have no idea what it does or where it goes
Old 17 Dec 2015, 02:35 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Here it is. It goes in the hole on the drivers side of the cargo area. I keep my cargo net in the space under it. It flips up.
Taupe Cubby Cover

Old 17 Dec 2015, 03:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Ahh, I can maybe picture it better. Actually I'm hoping to order the OEM MOPAR subwoofer to go into that spot. But I will be interested in the cargo net. On ebay I have seen two styles, floor net and pouch. Which is yours ?
Old 17 Dec 2015, 04:07 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I wasn't aware that there are two different types. I don't know which mine is, to be perfectly honest. All I can tell you is that it stretches from one side of the cargo hold to the other and it measures 24"x 30" un-stretched. As you can see, the cargo net has 6 hooks on it too. The dog had to lay beside the cargo net. She's not for sale. YET!

Old 17 Dec 2015, 04:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: WTB: 03 GT 5-speed stage 1, cargo net, Rear Mud guards, B.O.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _PTGT03 View Post
Hoping to get these items if anyone has them available let me know. I am also looking on ebay. Also a blow off valve.
You can get a Stage 1 PCM for your 03 GT 5-speed here. They likely have the best price too. This will come with an original Mopar label on it and it's is where I got mine.

https://www.fwdperformance.com/Store...xtCatalog=Misc

For the 03 GT, you will also need some later-model injectors. The injectors from any 2004/2005 GT or Turbo Lite will work. Later model 2nd Gen turbo PT injectors may also work, but I'm not sure.

You can get the OEM Stage 1 badge here:

https://www.modernperformance.com/pr...-items-at-once

Also, there are other alternatives to the Stage 1. Syked Tuning has a PCM that is reported to be an improvement over the Stage 1. And you can also use a hand-held tuner gizmo to get a similar affect.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 17 Dec 2015 at 04:58 pm.
Old 17 Dec 2015, 09:02 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
You can get a Stage 1 PCM for your 03 GT 5-speed here. They likely have the best price too. This will come with an original Mopar label on it and it's is where I got mine.

https://www.fwdperformance.com/Store...xtCatalog=Misc

For the 03 GT, you will also need some later-model injectors. The injectors from any 2004/2005 GT or Turbo Lite will work. Later model 2nd Gen turbo PT injectors may also work, but I'm not sure.

You can get the OEM Stage 1 badge here:

https://www.modernperformance.com/pr...-items-at-once

Also, there are other alternatives to the Stage 1. Syked Tuning has a PCM that is reported to be an improvement over the Stage 1. And you can also use a hand-held tuner gizmo to get a similar affect.
Thank you for the reply, my friend. The local wreckers recently received a 04 GT where I can grab the injectors for $80.

I looked and seems like the Syked STAGE 1 ECU is the best for me, I can use regular fuel and still get good gains. And don't need to send my own in to get it worked on. But why don't they say to upgrade the injectors on their page ?
2003 PT Cruiser Syked STAGE 1 ECU MTX/ATX (Turbo)
Old 18 Dec 2015, 09:45 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by _PTGT03 View Post
Thank you for the reply, my friend. The local wreckers recently received a 04 GT where I can grab the injectors for $80.

I looked and seems like the Syked STAGE 1 ECU is the best for me, I can use regular fuel and still get good gains. And don't need to send my own in to get it worked on. But why don't they say to upgrade the injectors on their page ?
2003 PT Cruiser Syked STAGE 1 ECU MTX/ATX (Turbo)
those will be 11 years old and from a junkyard, and used on a car with an upgraded power output. they *might* still flow perfectly, but you may think about if that's really a corner you want to cut, unless you're planning to send them in for cleaning/balancing.

as for WHY they don't say you need them.. call and ask them. may save you that $80 + whatever cleaning/balancing costs. i've done a lot of learning lately about tuning injectors. injector slopes, breakpoints, minimum pulse width, voltage compensation to account for missed fuel due to low battery voltage, etc.. you may not need the bigger injectors because i believe the "bigger" ones only flow like 50cc more. syked probably can account for your (slightly) smaller injectors in the tune.

the actual mopar stage 1 probably only needs the injectors because they were too cheap/lazy to make 2 different tunes. better for them to make you spend $$ on their injectors
_PTGT03 likes this.

Last edited by rob342; 18 Dec 2015 at 10:09 am.
Old 18 Dec 2015, 03:18 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

You questioned the availability of mud guards. I found a very nice set of mud guards, splash guards on ebay for $28.95 including shipping. They appear to be just like original equipment even to the embossed PT Cruiser script on the bottom edge. They installed with out drama and have successfully protected SOOO BIG's neither regions from mud, splashes and road rash on his rear flanks. I'd recommend them as an amendment to your PT just from the protection value, but they look good too. Good luck finding a similar set on ebay.
Happy PTin', ptprice
_PTGT03 likes this.
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.