• 1 Post By NitroPT
  • 1 Post By Moparman440
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2016, 08:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Stage 1 for an 05 autostick

Hi I am looking for a stage 1 ecu for a 2005 gt with an autostick. I checked out skyed and the ds tuners. I was hoping to find a mopar or something along those lines to help with the shift points in the trans as well. Any help or direction would be appreciated.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 09:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Stage 1 for an 05 autostick

Talk to Keven about the claimed shift improvements of an original STAGE 1.

Calibration data indicates that there was no TCM changes that improved the shifting. Claims by some over the years that there was a difference was most likely the cause of improvements in other calibration making the "butt dyno" feel like the TCM calibrations were changed.

You should spend more time reading lots of thread information on this for about STAGE 1's ?

Use the search feature to find them.
SPLNeon likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 27 Feb 2016, 05:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

If you want a Mopar Stage One, FWD Performance can help. I just got one for mine from them. You have to call, and they told me it would take four weeks to get it, but mine didn't take that long. The price was $275.

To back up what Nitro said, I noticed exactly zero difference in the action of the transmission with the Stage One. I was expecting (hoping) for quicker/firmer shifts and at a higher RPM. Didn't happen, but I'm still pleased with the Stage One.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 28 Feb 2016, 09:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

With a DS you have some options not found with stage 1 But I don't think the price is as good if your buying new. NitroPT may be able to guid you there. He has done both. And is very kmoladgeable on PCMs.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 28 Feb 2016, 11:08 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
With a DS you have some options not found with stage 1 But I don't think the price is as good if your buying new. NitroPT may be able to guid you there. He has done both. And is very kmoladgeable on PCMs.
Or grab both. Lol. I'm wondering if the modified tq management in the stg 1 programming can be better utilized with the DST or DSI handheld?! I'm just throwing it out there and have no clue if it's any better than a stock ecu with the Diablo tune on it.

Competition's paying the price.

03 PT GT. DSI canned tune, Weight redux, MH Racemaster Slicks/Rota Slipstream 15" 11.95 at 118.41mph 1/4 mile
96 SOHC Neon Turbo
08 CSRT4. Realtune MS1K v1 pcm stg0 NSRT4 Injectors.
Old 04 Mar 2016, 11:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLNeon View Post
Or grab both. Lol. I'm wondering if the modified tq management in the stg 1 programming can be better utilized with the DST or DSI handheld?! I'm just throwing it out there and have no clue if it's any better than a stock ecu with the Diablo tune on it.
Thanks for the help guys. I have been searching and reading everything I could on the state 1 forum. I am leaning with the DS tuner but for 275 FWD might have just won my business. I bought the car used with 100k on it so first and for most I am doing the timing and a bit of a tune up. Anyone have any input on under drive pullys? I have read mixed reviews.
Old 04 Mar 2016, 03:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLNeon View Post
I've had both a 2005 Stage 1 PCM and a DS Trinity. On the engine side, the DS tune does not enhance the Stage 1 programming but replaces it if the Stage 1 PCM is in the car. Like with an OEM PCM, the original Stage 1 programming is restored once the DS tune is removed. For me, I noticed no substantial difference in the 93 Octane DS tune and the Stage 1 PCM. But then again, I don't race and wouldn't in a PT Cruiser. It's just about fun street performance for me.

The DS tune will do nothing for auto transmission shifting. But the Stage 1 is supposed to even though many on this and other forums say it does very little. I'm not a big fan of the 41TE anyway. So to me it seemed less than desirable with and without the Stage 1.

The DS Trinity and DS InTune come with the same tunes for the PT Cruiser and do the same thing as far as tuning parameters. The Trinity has some extras including data logging and a few additional features. I bought my Trinity used. It was married to another car but I got it super cheap and then paid about $175 to unlock it online. I still came out way ahead. Right now I am using my Trinity on the Hemi engine in my Charger Daytona. It makes a nice difference along with my headers and intake. I've also used it on my wife's Chrysler 300S and tried it on some other Mopars as well. It usually does very good things.

There are reasons to go ahead and buy a Stage 1 PCM. In my area, it substantially increases resale value over other PT Cruisers. The average non-gear head often doesn't like engine modifications. But they do often like dealer add-ons that were intended for the car. And since the Stage 1 was an available dealer add-on with Mopar badging, it creates lots of interest. But again, the DS 93 Octane tune is going to give a very similar driving experience. And with one of the DS gizmos, you also get the option for custom tuning if you are into heavier performance or racing.
NitroPT likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 04 Mar 2016 at 03:36 pm.
Old 04 Mar 2016, 04:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707gtcruiser View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I have been searching and reading everything I could on the state 1 forum. I am leaning with the DS tuner but for 275 FWD might have just won my business. I bought the car used with 100k on it so first and for most I am doing the timing and a bit of a tune up. Anyone have any input on under drive pullys? I have read mixed reviews.
Todd aka Handy_Cruiser did a well written response.

The only thing he never *got the opportunity to do was any DYNO runs comparing upgrades used on any of his vehicles...... yet.

*The STAGE 1 MOPAR PT Cruiser PCM make about 10-15 less HP on average than the Diablo Sport updated version and tuning package selection.

Under-drive pulley"s serve no useful purpose on a PT Cruiser even one used as a Road track or 1/4 mile weekend warrior. You may even created unnecessary problems using them?

*I have
SPLNeon likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN