PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Door lock actuator

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Apr 2016, 10:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Door lock actuator

I'm searching for a new or good used passenger side rear door lock actuator. Thanks
Old 01 May 2016, 06:17 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Door lock actuator

$10-$30 on eBay 2005 pt cruiser rear passenger side door lock actuator | eBay

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 01 May 2016, 10:47 am
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for your response. I was hoping that a fellow forum members might have one that they were looking to sell. Kinda like to support small business first, but will definitely go to ebay if not.
Old 01 May 2016, 10:58 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Eagle View Post
Thanks for your response. I was hoping that a fellow forum members might have one that they were looking to sell. Kinda like to support small business first, but will definitely go to ebay if not.
Something like this, wouldn't it be best to go with a new part? If you got a used one, it could fail shortly after installing it. You could do that numerous times with questionable used parts. Even if the pull-a-part yard tests it, there's no guarantee on how long it will last, or how many cycles. A new one is not that expensive.

To save on wear and tear, I have my PT set to unlock only the drivers door on the first press of the unlock button on the fob, no need to cycle the other lock actuators
Old 01 May 2016, 11:08 am
Cool Cruiser

Good point, it's a relatively easy swap. How were you able to set your locks in that fashion?
Old 01 May 2016, 01:20 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Eagle View Post
Good point, it's a relatively easy swap. How were you able to set your locks in that fashion?
I have a Gen2 and that feature is set through the VIC (Vehicle Information Center). The Gen1 doesn't have the VIC, but the locks may be able to be programmed. Perhaps someone that owns a Gen1 will chime in?

Last edited by rckstein; 01 May 2016 at 01:25 pm.
Old 01 May 2016, 02:32 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I THINK I might still have the actuator from my other door, War Eagle. Let me check and if I do, you can have it for ten bucks plus shipping. How's that sound?

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 01 May 2016, 03:04 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Man, I have both the front door and back door actuators with the assemblies. Here are pictures of what I have. Do you just want the motor or the entire thing? And which one is which? I didn't label them. My bad. One has a gray colored wire cover and the other is beige. Here they are. I'm not sure how to separate them as there's a cable wound on there. I could cut it if you don't want it, but the price will be the same either way.

adult photo sharing

image posting

Old 01 May 2016, 03:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Man, I have both the front door and back door actuators with the assemblies. Here are pictures of what I have. Do you just want the motor or the entire thing? And which one is which? I didn't label them. My bad. One has a gray colored wire cover and the other is beige. Here they are. I'm not sure how to separate them as there's a cable wound on there. I could cut it if you don't want it, but the price will be the same either way.

I don't see any door lock actuators in those pics.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 01 May 2016, 05:05 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Oh, crap! I'm embarrassed now, Lion. I drew a major brain fart for sure! Wife's been in the hospital for 3 days with heart problems and I'm worn out from running back and forth and sitting all day. Finally got the word that she's NOT going to have to undergo any surgery after all. Gotta follow up with a cardiologist this week. Sorry, War_Eagle. I was totally messed up. I'll go look at my extra stuff again and see if I have the door lock actuators. Anyone need those window regulators? LOL