Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WANTED- engine modesty cover

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jun 2004, 12:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default WANTED- engine modesty cover

hey there. wanted to know if anyone had an engine modesty cover (the DOHC 16V cover) they wanted to sell on the cheap. i got my cruiser used, and when i noticed it missing the dealer said since it was not an essential part, they would not give me a new one. now i would like one, and since i want to paint it, do not want the chrome ones. thought someone may have an old one they want to part with?!?!?!
Old 08 Jun 2004, 12:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

I tried to send you an email through the forums but got a failed delivery notification.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 08 Jun 2004, 04:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

[:I]not sure what the problem is...all is correct in my profile (i think)...my email is very spam sensitive, that could be the problem. if is still does not work, please reply to this post?!?!?!!!!
Old 08 Jun 2004, 04:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have a new engine modesty cover (which would be perfect if your going to paint) that I bought and never mounted (not even for a test fit) for my wife's '02 which we no longer have. It comes with the mounting studs which you will need. Make me an offer.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 08 Jun 2004, 06:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

Will the modesty cover (from the NA's I take it) fit on the Turbos? If they do, be careful. The reason they stopped putting them on is because they make dents in the hood if not properly installed.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"
Old 08 Jun 2004, 07:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigtommy83

Will the modesty cover (from the NA's I take it) fit on the Turbos? If they do, be careful. The reason they stopped putting them on is because they make dents in the hood if not properly installed.
No the cover will not fit on a Turbo

Old 09 Jun 2004, 08:16 pm
Regular Cruiser

thank you rice killing gt! thanks for helping me out! as for fitting on a turbo, that would be a no. as i understand it, the 2.4 N/A and 2.4 turbo are not the same engine and do not share any parts?!!? may be why if someone put a modesty cover on a turbo, there was a problem. not sure if others with N/A engines have this problem. give a shout if you do?!?!