• 2 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By Gkon
  • 1 Post By ptprice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Nov 2016, 06:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Driver's Side Front Fender, Silver

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a silver, driver's side front fender for my N/A 2002 Limited Edition.
I want something that is in great shape, that I can bolt on and drive away without needing paint or body work.

Let me know if anyone's got anything available. Thanks!

Old 24 Nov 2016, 08:47 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Driver's Side Front Fender, Silver

How far are you willing to travel for one? I saw a couple of silver PT's in the junkyard that I visit, but don't recall seeing if the fenders were in good shape or not. I wasn't looking for body parts at the time. I could look for you the next time I go, but FL is a long way from NY.
Gkon likes this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 24 Nov 2016, 09:16 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
How far are you willing to travel for one? I saw a couple of silver PT's in the junkyard that I visit, but don't recall seeing if the fenders were in good shape or not. I wasn't looking for body parts at the time. I could look for you the next time I go, but FL is a long way from NY.
As much as I'd love to come down to FL to say hi and hang out a bit, it is a bit too far for me to travel right now. If there was a good fender and it could be shipped for a reasonable price, I'd let USPS/UPS/FedEx do the travelling for me this time around.
Old 24 Nov 2016, 09:33 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Sorry to hear you PT's got an ouchy. I remember how hard it was for me to get rid of my "free" silver hood and front fender ('cause of shipping costs and or logistics) If I were you, I'd settle fro any "good" fender, shoot it silver off body and then mount it. Wonders are done now a day in paint color match. Your odds of a great silver fender like I had are nearly insurmountable. The odds of finding a great fender to paint are with in reason. Even going aftermarket, as long as it's to OEM standards (not Chinese) is an option. The supplier shipping cost are usually much lower. Some suppliers'll paint 'em. Saving shipping or logistic costs alone would defray the cost of the painting if you can find one locally.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
cruserdad1976 and Gkon like this.
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 24 Nov 2016, 09:45 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
Sorry to hear you PT's got an ouchy. I remember how hard it was for me to get rid of my "free" silver hood and front fender ('cause of shipping costs and or logistics) If I were you, I'd settle fro any "good" fender, shoot it silver off body and then mount it. Wonders are done now a day in paint color match. Your odds of a great silver fender like I had are nearly insurmountable. The odds of finding a great fender to paint are with in reason. Even going aftermarket, as long as it's to OEM standards (not Chinese) is an option. The supplier shipping cost are usually much lower. Some suppliers'll paint 'em. Saving shipping or logistic costs alone would defray the cost of the painting if you can find one locally.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Hi Price,

I'm hopeful that I will find something that will do the job I'm after.
If not, then paint will have to come into play. I'm not in a rush at the moment, so I'm willing to search a bit.

Happy Thanksgiving.
ptprice likes this.
Old 24 Nov 2016, 10:45 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Don't forget, any year, any model fender will bolt right on! Also, I think there were different silvers for different years. Good luck buddy.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Gkon likes this.
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 24 Nov 2016, 11:01 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
Don't forget, any year, any model fender will bolt right on! Also, I think there were different silvers for different years. Good luck buddy.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Thanks! I was aware of the any year/model fitting, but not of the different silvers per year.

I'm hoping to buy local so that I can drive up and match it to the car before paying for it.

Worse comes to worse, I'll buy one that is in decent shape and have it painted, but I hope to not have to.

Take care.
Old 22 Jan 2017, 10:46 am
Veteran Cruiser

Hey Kon, I found this in Tennessee. Being from there, I can tell you that not much salt is used on the highways in the winter, so this one SHOULD be in very good shape. Lebanon isn't far from Nashville. You could contact them and see if they're willing to pull it and ship it to you. 2002 Chrysler Pt. Cruiser--Parting Out

Aspire to inspire before you expire.