PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
SOOO BIG needs a leather front seat bottom. ptprice asking for help in the search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Apr 2017, 09:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default SOOO BIG needs a leather front seat bottom. ptprice asking for help in the search

SOOO BIG, My 2005 PT Cruiser, has a passenger seat bottom that's finally toast! Worn out, patched, cracked, loose and split.... I'd like to replace it with a better used original bottom.

The colors referred to on SOOO BIG's build sheet are; -FL Taupe/Pearl Beige and a bit lower on the build sheet list, -CDZP Premium Two-Tone Seat Acents

By swapping the front seat bottoms I gained two extra years. I found they're interchangeable. Yup this toasted, worn out, patched, cracked, loose and split front passenger seat bottom was SOOO BIG's original slightly worn driver's seat bottom. (You can see it as the driver's seat in the first photo) Two years ago, right after taking this photo, I swapped the front seat bottoms.The original passenger seat is still holding up well as a very good 'driver's seat bottom." I got two more years out of the worn bottom before it gave up the ghost. Now finally the worn out, patched, cracked, loose and split "passenger seat bottom" needs replacing but I delayed it for two years as the passenger seat doesn't get daily use!

The inserts show a photo of SOOO BIG's interior front seat before the bottom swapping, the leather colors and photos of the passenger seat that's now toast. A worn out, patched, cracked loose and split front passenger seat bottom. I tried "professional TLC" and now it needs to be replaced. There's a photo of the bare seat frame for reference in seat bottom removal.

If you run across a good leather front seat bottom in a yard as shown in the photos, please put a hold on it and advise. I'm seriously looking for a replacement. It'd be great to find one stashed away that isn't cracked and split. Invariably the original front leather passenger seat bottom is the better of the two. Please P.M. me or optionally, I've include my email address for contact. priceyoungman@hotmail.com....Shipping would be to 32174. Ormond Beach, Fl.... SOOO BIG and I could drive at least two hundred miles or so from the Daytona , Fl. area to acquire a front seat bottom. It'd make a great "road trip!"
Please advise. Thank you. Looking forward to hearing from a finder!
Happy PTin', ptprice

2005 pt cruiser 012 (640x480).jpg

IMG_1470 (640x480).jpg

IMG_1471 (640x480).jpg

IMG_1472 (640x480).jpg
2.4 Cyl. DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. W/Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans., 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-Up Torque Converter, 16 X 6 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring Tires, Touring Suspension.
Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, 3/8" Belt Trim, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel, Chrome Tail Lights, Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moonroof, Fog and Back Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats. Driver's Seat Power Height Adjust, Dual Front Under Seat Storage Drawers. Full Length Floor Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass console, Rear Shelf, AM/FM CD GPS Nav. Radio, 6 Premium Speakers. Back Up Camera w/Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 21 Apr 2017 at 03:40 pm. Reason: brevity
Old 22 Apr 2017, 12:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: SOOO BIG needs a leather front seat bottom. ptprice asking for help in the search

I haven't found a decent replacement Taupe/Pearl Beige leather front passenger seat bottom for SOOO BIG yet. If nothing shows up this weekend I'm going to walk the local Pull-N-Pay on Monday and see what they have. I don't think it's a case of the needle in the hay stack. I think it's a case of the right place at the right time.

Thanks to any PTer that's looking for me.

Happy Ptin, ptprice
2.4 Cyl. DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. W/Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans., 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-Up Torque Converter, 16 X 6 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring Tires, Touring Suspension.
Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, 3/8" Belt Trim, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel, Chrome Tail Lights, Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moonroof, Fog and Back Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats. Driver's Seat Power Height Adjust, Dual Front Under Seat Storage Drawers. Full Length Floor Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass console, Rear Shelf, AM/FM CD GPS Nav. Radio, 6 Premium Speakers. Back Up Camera w/Monitor.