• 1 Post By rckstein
  • 1 Post By rckstein

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 May 2017, 07:47 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default WTB Mopar # 467131AE Battery cable assembly for SOOO BIG

Here's the photo of it; Mopar number 4671631AE

04671631AE_0001__ra_p.jpg

All the major suppliers want and arm and a leg for this bugger.

When disconnecting the negative post to discharge the capacitor before putting SOOO BIG's "new" seats in the day before yesterday I found the positive post on SOOO BIG's battery was badly corroded with green uck. As I religiously check the battery condition every quarter I figured the terminals must have worked loose. Sure enough, the copper terminals had been cracked! Broken! Some clown at a discount oil fill up had probably over tightened them! A good Samaritan's work gone bad! So yesterday I decided to checked at our local LKQ after the Hoghunter picked up his "new" seats. I checked 19 PT Cruisers at LKQ yesterday and found that each one was broken or cracked on the under side of the copper terminals just like on SOOO BIG. I think Chrysler should have done a recall on this! They're just not as strong ad regular terminals.

All major Suppliers want an arm and a leg for this cable assembly. SOOO BIG can still limp around Ormond Beach till I find a replacement cable but he needs one fast. He doesn't like to corrode!

That LKQ trip wasn't completely fruitless, I found that second under the seat storage drawer I needed and I can report I found two nice vanity covers, still covered with the protective grease and dust of their past association with their previous PT Cruiser.

I'll gladly trade one vanity cover for a good battery cable and throw in a cubbie cover to boot! See my thread about the two vanity covers covers and the cubbie cover.

Please advise if you got one for cheap on hand in your stash or if you find one soon in a yard. I'll probably call around myself to our local yards to find a good used one next week, cheaper that a big bucks new one.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 28 May 2017 at 12:02 pm.
Old 28 May 2017, 09:48 am
Banned

Default Re: WTB Mopar # 467131AE Battery cable assembly for SOOO BIG

I checked the prices for your battery cable set, and it's crazy, almost $200 from some places

I've had to replace this cable set a couple of times on my PT because the positive clamp just eats away and deteriorates. The last time I replaced it, it was around $55. Sadly, the Gen2 set won't work on your Gen1.
ptprice likes this.

Last edited by rckstein; 28 May 2017 at 10:52 am.
Old 28 May 2017, 10:40 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
I checked the prices for your battery cable set, and it's crazy, almost $200 from some places

I've had to replace this cable set a couple of times on my PT because the positive clamp just eats away and deteriorates. The last time i replaced it, it was around $55. Sadly, the Gen2 set won't work on your Gen1.
I've posted my thread about finding two VANITY COVERS yesterday. Hopefully some PTer has a good old used battery cable in their stash and is willing to traded for one of my Vanity covers and a Cubbie Cover. Such a deal! I'm going out right now and hook up those broken terminals on SOOO BIG temporarily just to limp around town till I find a replacement. I'll slather the positive terminal down with Vaseline to stop any immediate corrosion!

Happy PTin', ptprice
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 28 May 2017, 11:58 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
I've posted my thread about finding two VANITY COVERS yesterday. Hopefully some PTer has a good old used battery cable in their stash and is willing to traded for one of my Vanity covers and a Cubbie Cover. Such a deal! I'm going out right now and hook up those broken terminals on SOOO BIG temporarily just to limp around town till I find a replacement. I'll slather the positive terminal down with Vaseline to stop any immediate corrosion!

Happy PTin', ptprice
rckstein. Where did you find that dedicated battery cable for $55? I'd gladly play that for a new one! Happy PTin', ptprice
Old 28 May 2017, 12:38 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
rckstein. Where did you find that dedicated battery cable for $55? I'd gladly play that for a new one! Happy PTin', ptprice
I got one off Amazon, but the Gen2 cable set won't work on a Gen1, different configuration:

MOPAR 04795680AB is for the Gen2:

https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-5680AB-.../dp/B00MJ2D0MM
ptprice likes this.
Old 28 May 2017, 02:26 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
I got one off Amazon, but the Gen2 cable set won't work on a Gen1, different configuration:

MOPAR 04795680AB is for the Gen2:

https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-5680AB-.../dp/B00MJ2D0MM

rckstein, thanks, I think I'll check Amazon and Ebay too. I might find a battery cable there for a good price. SOOO BIg should be back running about a half hour after the Indy race finishes. During a long caution I've cleaned up everything under the battery tray, cleaned it, installed new tray bolts, put the battery back in and installed the wimpy, broken, split, corroded ucky positive terminal and slathered it with Vaseline. It looks like the runner up in a some demented contest! I'm watching the end of the Indy raced now then I'll go back out, button it up and crank over SOOO BIG for the first time since I' put the "new' seats in. With the "new'" seats SOOO BIG should run a lot faster!
Happy PTin', ptprice