Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: Want To Buy

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
03 PT/GT Intake Hose

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2018, 09:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 03 PT/GT Intake Hose

I am looking for the intake hose the connects the air filter box to the turbo inlet. Seeing if there were any members that might have it here before buying it new. Send me a PM if you have one to sell. My zip code is 63367. Thanks, Dan
Old 03 Feb 2019, 04:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 03 PT/GT Intake Hose

Hope this may help you or anyone else that wants to try this, my hose broke around Christmas and I called the dealer and they are no longer a part you can get, that being said I ordered one off E-bay which was going to take up to two weeks to get to me so I got creative , mine broke at the Turbo end and this is the second time in 12 years, I'm guessing from the heat, so here's what I did to get the car going, I removed the rubber elbow from the plastic tube, their is a plastic ring you have to break off to remove the rubber elbow, you will see a reduced diameter when that's taken off and a molded ring that runs around that , I cut that part off, from that ring to the end, you will end up with a piece that is 2 & 5/8" diameter, go to Lowes and in the plumbing dept. look for a 2&1/2" rubber elbow hose, put a little grease on the inside of the hose and it will slide on that plastic pipe and get a hose clamp to hold it on, the other end will slide on the Turbo and hose clamp that, then I drilled a hole in the plastic tube, get a hose fitting for the vac line tap it to that size , this project cost me around $10 and less than 2hrs to have it back on the road and it works great , I have still not put the replacement on that I got from E-bay
Old 03 Feb 2019, 09:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: 03 PT/GT Intake Hose

Wow!

That's probably the hose with the baffle in it that I destroyed when I took mine off to do a custom intake.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 20 Feb 2019, 12:46 am
Senior Cruiser

I have a used one in good condition
Old 20 Feb 2019, 04:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

Check your torque struts. If they are bad, it will cause excess movement and cause the hose to fail prematurely. If you are handy, you can modify an off the shelf hardline from a parts store, as a temp fix, until you get a new one. It will cost about 60 bucks. I say use it temp. because the pipe gets hot and runs to close to some hoses for my taste. Also, check parts geek and amazon. I have ordered from both and got a new one within a few days for around $100. Keep the hard pipe stashed away for when it happens again.