Advertisements
Need Rubber Boot for Small Turbo Sensor

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By chuzz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 2019, 09:19 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Need Rubber Boot for Small Turbo Sensor

The TIP (Throttle Inlet Pressure) sensor on my 08 Turbo has developed a small crack. It's actually a crack on the rubber boot that goes over the sensor. See picture. Does anyone have the complete sensor (PN 05033222AA) or the rubber hose and/or little rubber boot?
Thanks!

Black base 2006 NA, dented front bumper, scratched rear bumper. 2008 Touring, one of 385 red Turbos built in 2008. Limited grill, body-colored mirrors, grab handle deleted, dual-tone horn, shorty antenna.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 08:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Need Rubber Boot for Small Turbo Sensor

You might be able to find that elbow at a parts store Doug. I'd get a piece of vacuum line that would fit over the plastic one and "sleeve" the connection. I'd make it just a little longer as it looks to me that with that bend in yours, it's under some tension.
podo2000 and dougs like this.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 09:31 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Hi,
thanks... I thought of that, especially after I saw on the SRT4 site that someone found a boot at O'Reillys. But they didnt say where, or what the p/n was. I went to two O'Reillys here in the Houston area and to a repair shop that specializes in electrical repairs, but no body has anything.... their recommendation: duct tape...

thanks again
Black base 2006 NA, dented front bumper, scratched rear bumper. 2008 Touring, one of 385 red Turbos built in 2008. Limited grill, body-colored mirrors, grab handle deleted, dual-tone horn, shorty antenna.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 01:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Have now found some fittings, connectors, rubber vacuum hose connector covers by DORMAN at Advance Auto Parts....... O'Reillys didn't have these....
Old 18 Aug 2019, 06:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Be sure to show us your repair after you're done. I'm surprised that O'Reilly didn't have something like that. Did you ask or just look for yourself? I've found things on the shelves that their employees didn't know about. It's common.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Tags
tip sensor, turbo