PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade > craigslist

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
My 2002 PT Touring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jul 2012, 11:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default My 2002 PT Touring

I really dont want to part with it, but wife and I are divorcing so I need the cash. The headlights have been buffed out since this pic.
2002 PT Cruiser Touring
Old 01 Aug 2012, 06:39 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: My 2002 PT Touring

How many miles on car?

2008 Touring -9050 miles (Cash for Clunkers trade-in)
2008 Miata MX5 Vert. 30000 Mi
2000 Astro Con. Van. 58000 Mi (One owner)
2005 HD Sporster 1200, 8000 Mi
Old 01 Aug 2012, 08:42 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiszr View Post
How many miles on car?
148,120 as it sits today.
Also the only issue with the PT is the dash lights dont work so I wired some LED's in the benzel to light up the faces. Otherwise everything works as it should.

Last edited by sonocativo; 01 Aug 2012 at 08:52 am.
Old 01 Aug 2012, 09:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
I really dont want to part with it, but wife and I are divorcing so I need the cash. The headlights have been buffed out since this pic.
2002 PT Cruiser Touring
Now it make no difference to me, but the book price dosen't reach the asking price. Top retail from a dealer is $4490. private party $3190. excellent. Any one here will tell you I'm not a low baller on book value on these cars. But in some areas these don't sell well other places they do well. The issues you stated will impact the average buyer. May at least want to fix the dash lights. Wish you success.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 01 Aug 2012, 10:22 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Now it make no difference to me, but the book price dosen't reach the asking price. Top retail from a dealer is $4490. private party $3190. excellent. Any one here will tell you I'm not a low baller on book value on these cars. But in some areas these don't sell well other places they do well. The issues you stated will impact the average buyer. May at least want to fix the dash lights. Wish you success.
I understand, was told the dash needed to be flashed to make the lights work, just havent gotten around to it.. I put the price based on what most are asking on CL, I can barter just Im not going to give it away. I traded an $8000 truck ( had $12,000 into it ) for the PT just because the gas was eating me alive as well as insurance on the beast with $90 fill ups and $300 monthly insurance. The PT runs $40 fill ups and $40 monthly insurance so alot cheaper all around.
Overall the PT is great, turned out the evaporator core didnt have a leak it was an oring (shop was trying to bend me over) so ac is ice cold as well.
even though the last owner never changed the plugs I have to give credit that they did keep the oil changed as it is really clean inside, no carbon build up in or on cap. Motor is clean, I expected oil leaks but driveway has no drip spots and no oil or sludge on the motor as well. I would keep it if I had some way to make the money I need for my lawyer as my soon to be ex is trying to keep my son from me, and thats not going to happen.
Old 01 Aug 2012, 06:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
I understand, was told the dash needed to be flashed to make the lights work, just havent gotten around to it.. I put the price based on what most are asking on CL, I can barter just Im not going to give it away. I traded an $8000 truck ( had $12,000 into it ) for the PT just because the gas was eating me alive as well as insurance on the beast with $90 fill ups and $300 monthly insurance. The PT runs $40 fill ups and $40 monthly insurance so alot cheaper all around.
Overall the PT is great, turned out the evaporator core didnt have a leak it was an oring (shop was trying to bend me over) so ac is ice cold as well.
even though the last owner never changed the plugs I have to give credit that they did keep the oil changed as it is really clean inside, no carbon build up in or on cap. Motor is clean, I expected oil leaks but driveway has no drip spots and no oil or sludge on the motor as well. I would keep it if I had some way to make the money I need for my lawyer as my soon to be ex is trying to keep my son from me, and thats not going to happen.
Never heard of the flashing deal. Be cheaper to buy a used cluster. Why is it they always want to use the children as blackmail? Never good for the child ether way. Prayers for you if your not offended by such.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 02 Aug 2012, 01:31 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Never heard of the flashing deal. Be cheaper to buy a used cluster. Why is it they always want to use the children as blackmail? Never good for the child ether way. Prayers for you if your not offended by such.
Thanks, and no Im not offended. Just hard to be without him since I have been with him 24/7 since the day he was born. Dont understand why women let their kids run and ruin a relationship.