PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade > craigslist

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Race Auto with Billet Internals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 May 2013, 11:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Race Auto with Billet Internals

Was told this came from an srt but the guys at DCR say its a built four speed (for ptgt). I traded a twin turbo for it and decided it was more modding than I wished to do to run an auto in an srt4. Just thought Id drop the link here in case any of you were enthusiast and race builders. without even searching Ill bet beer there is a few of ya here somewhere that know what this tranny is. While I never saw the car it came from myself. The previous owner was very proud of the build and had LOTS of pics of it in the car and it being installed. I have since found out it is built by power demon from Houston Texas. Ill sell it for 1200 as I need money for my wedding in a month ASAP. Here are some pics.
I have the tranny, torque converter, and shift cables.

Neon SRT-4, SRT4, SRT,and GT PT Cruiser Performance Parts

Last edited by HiddenHippie; 15 May 2013 at 02:36 am. Reason: Added pics
Old 02 May 2013, 01:10 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to mole
Default Re: Race Auto with Billet Internals

you and i PMed on the SRTforums about this trans before. did you ever findout who built it?

2004 SRT-4 built
2005 SRT-4 mole' 16g bws setup. 380hp 444tq 11.7@122 100% stock motor/head/axles. Dsp tuned.
2003.5 MazdaSPEED Protege stock
2004 PtGT Atx BWS SETUP and a few bolt ons. stay tuned for dyno #s
Contact me for all your BWS/DCR needs..........
Old 02 May 2013, 01:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
you and i PMed on the SRTforums about this trans before. did you ever find`out who built it?

LOL

I pm'd him this exact question about an hour ago....no answer?

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 02 May 2013, 02:14 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
LOL

I pm'd him this exact question about an hour ago....no answer?
i never got a reply from him so many months ago.

2004 SRT-4 built
2005 SRT-4 mole' 16g bws setup. 380hp 444tq 11.7@122 100% stock motor/head/axles. Dsp tuned.
Old 15 May 2013, 02:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
i never got a reply from him so many months ago.
I answered you back then man. But I met ALOT of resistance on SRTforums due to it not being one of DCRs trannies. You guys are the reigning champs of the SRT autos and that has everyone believing that nobody else can build a good tranny. While I know when I need some good shit for my car that will hold up, I give you guys a call. BUT I also recognize alot of great machinist and builders out there. That having been said. Most of my upgrades on my car that replaced crap where Mopar cheaped out and fell short have come from DCR. So I know the score on SRT for sure.
Now that I know that it was a Power Demon tranny I know what I am dealing with. So Im selling it priced accordingly. Thanks for looking guys. Forgive the slow response and updates. Im not the forum whore I used to be. Im just too busy with life.
Thanks for checking it out.
Old 15 May 2013, 03:13 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenHippie View Post
I answered you back then man. But I met ALOT of resistance on SRTforums due to it not being one of DCRs trannies. You guys are the reigning champs of the SRT autos and that has everyone believing that nobody else can build a good tranny. While I know when I need some good shit for my car that will hold up, I give you guys a call. BUT I also recognize alot of great machinist and builders out there. That having been said. Most of my upgrades on my car that replaced crap where Mopar cheaped out and fell short have come from DCR. So I know the score on SRT for sure.
Now that I know that it was a Power Demon tranny I know what I am dealing with. So Im selling it priced accordingly. Thanks for looking guys. Forgive the slow response and updates. Im not the forum whore I used to be. Im just too busy with life.
Thanks for checking it out.

who told you that it is a PD trans?

2004 SRT-4 built
Old 15 May 2013, 06:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The guy I got it from. GA, USA. Retro Tech Racing. A little no name shop out there. He and his brother run it. And even if he was full of shit. There is only one other company that I could find that builds these with the HD upgrade kits. And they too are now out of business. Leaving only the 3 speeds from DCR to choose from.
Old 15 May 2013, 06:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

And for the price its a little NIC PIC I d say. 5000 for a used 3 speed. IF YOUR LUCKY. And thats before the crazy modding required to drop these in. Hence why I brought it hre. These guys can drop em straight in. SRT guys got to mod fit them. ALOT!! Not saying the 3 speeds are not worth it. Because I know they are worth the money and the headache. But damn our cars are only worth that now in the best condition. So UNLESS its a sponsored drag car, your a delusional srt enthusiast like myself, or your crazy. Its not a wise investment.

Last edited by HiddenHippie; 15 May 2013 at 06:18 pm.
Old 15 May 2013, 06:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I can't even see this fitting in a PT. How the hell would you get this in there? I've worked on my G288 many times, nice 5 speed, upgraded clutch, etc., and that tranny you show doesn't look like it would fit at all.
Old 15 May 2013, 10:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenHippie View Post
The guy I got it from. GA, USA. Retro Tech Racing. A little no name shop out there. He and his brother run it. And even if he was full of shit. There is only one other company that I could find that builds these with the HD upgrade kits. And they too are now out of business. Leaving only the 3 speeds from DCR to choose from.
well GL with the sale. if you really wanted to sell it i would show proof that its SAID trans.

2004 SRT-4 built