PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade > craigslist

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
'03 Dream Cruiser Automatic $1900 in Arkansas

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By rckstein

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Oct 2016, 10:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Default '03 Dream Cruiser Automatic $1900 in Arkansas

Here's one for Handy:
2003 P.T Cruiser GT Turbo
Old 05 Oct 2016, 12:07 pm
Banned

Default Re: '03 Dream Cruiser Automatic $1900 in Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparman440 View Post
Here's one for Handy:
2003 P.T Cruiser GT Turbo
Handy this is what you should have bought for your daughter!
Old 05 Oct 2016, 03:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

What # is on dash ...how many miles? thanks MJB
Old 05 Oct 2016, 03:49 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb457 View Post
What # is on dash ...how many miles? thanks MJB
The Craigslist ad says 170,000, might be able to get some $ knocked off the price as it's almost due for another timing belt kit.
Old 05 Oct 2016, 04:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I recognize the business where this is at. It's 10 minutes from my house. I may run by and look at it this evening. But while I'd love to have a DC2, I really have too much rolling stock right now. If I could trade a worn out Chevy pickup for it, I might consider it.
Old 06 Oct 2016, 05:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I went by on the way home from work today to look at the DC2. I wasn't there.

Actually, the kid manning the desk at 5:20 pm said that a check engine light came on during a test drive and the car was at a mechanic's shop waiting in line to be fixed. He expects it back Monday or Tuesday of next week.

I recognized the place in the Craigslist photos as a construction company. You can still see the landscaping dirt and stuff in the photos of the PT. It appears they have now put in used car lot on one side.

There's about twenty to thirty cars there. All are older and roughly from the PT era. The sign said they were a "wholesale" dealership. Where I'm from, that's usually a poor boy that dealerships call when somebody wants to trade in something more than a few years old. The wholesaler gets these cars for a song and then either takes them to auction or tries to resale them. They had pretty decent prices on several of them, even for a used car lot.

The bad news is that a place like this isn't usually interested a deep cash discount below asking price. And unlike an individual with a Craigslist ad, the price doesn't tend to keep going down until the car sales. Depending on how much the wholesaler is able to draw against his bank's floor plan on a given car, he will often just take it to auction if he doesn't get near the asking price. But I'll still check it out if I get a chance because you never know for sure.
wingman55 likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 06 Oct 2016 at 06:00 pm.
Old 06 Oct 2016, 06:18 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
I went by on the way home from work today to look at the DC2. I wasn't there.

Actually, the kid manning the desk at 5:20 pm said that a check engine light came on during a test drive and the car was at a mechanic's shop waiting in line to be fixed. He expects it back Monday or Tuesday of next week.

I recognized the place in the Craigslist photos as a construction company. You can still see the landscaping dirt and stuff in the photos of the PT. It appears they have now put in used car lot on one side.

There's about twenty to thirty cars there. All are older and roughly from the PT era. The sign said they were a "wholesale" dealership. Where I'm from, that's usually a poor boy that dealerships call when somebody wants to trade in something more than a few years old. The wholesaler gets these cars for a song and then either takes them to auction or tries to resale them. They had pretty decent prices on several of them, even for a used car lot.

The bad news is that a place like this isn't usually interested a deep cash discount below asking price. And unlike an individual with a Craigslist ad, the price doesn't tend to keep going down until the car sales. Depending on how much the wholesaler is able to draw against his bank's floor plan on a given car, he will often just take it to auction if he doesn't get near the asking price. But I'll still check it out if I get a chance because you never know for sure.
At least they have it at a shop troubleshooting the CEL, they could have tried to sell it with the light on, and then a potential buyer could use that to get some $ knocked off.

Those chrome bumpers from Tennesee in the other thread sure would look on this DC.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.