PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade > craigslist

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 PT cruiser looking to sell

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LionPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2016, 11:21 am
Fresh Cruiser

Talking 2005 PT cruiser looking to sell

I am not sure where to post this..but I would like to post in the classifieds section, please.
I have a 2005 PT cruiser with 79,105 miles and no rust or body damage. It was overheating so I changed out the thermostat, coolant, and coolant temp sensor because of the code I was getting at the time, with no help. It was ok as long as we just drove around town and no sitting or long trips and wasn't too hot out. The fans appear to come on and work normal.
Then I had to drive it to work which is only about 15 mins from home and it kept stalling on the way home in traffic on the back streets, and now won't start. It appears to be choking and not getting fuel. Like the older cars when you would have to pump the gas pedal to get fuel in the carburetor. I know that with fuel injected cars you do not have to do that but that is what it acts like. I am a single mom and live in an apt so I don't have extensive knowledge, tools or space to work on it. Nor do I have the desire to even try to fix it anymore. I just want to get rid of it and get a working car for me and my daughter.
It is a 2005 PT cruiser, manual transmission, 79,105 miles and no rust or body damage. I live in Kansas and looking for someone who can give it a new home and a new lease on life. Make me a reasonable offer. If you are interested, please let me know. I do have pictures as well.
thank you.
Old 21 Nov 2016, 12:31 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT cruiser looking to sell

Price & pictures would help.
wingman55 likes this.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 21 Nov 2016, 01:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT cruiser looking to sell

There's a good chance the car has a blown head gasket from overheating. It may have became worse during the drive and now has lost compression on one or more cylinders making it hard or impossible to start. But I'm just guessing based on what you've said.

As already mentioned, please post some photos, an asking price and possibly a link to your Craigslist ad if you posted it there. Plus, let us know what city or area in Kansas.

And welcome to the forum from the great sovereign state of Arkansas!

Tags
2005 pt cruiser for sale