PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds: For Sale/Trade > craigslist

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Needs some love and a good home

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuzz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Sep 2017, 10:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Needs some love and a good home

Hey Folks,

Hoping there is someone on here in the greater Seattle area who might want a project PT cruiser.

This was my daughters car and she only had it 10 months when the transmission flaked out on her.

From her description of what happened, it sounds like one of input\output sensors or the Shift Control module failed at highway speed and the transmission seized up.

Now won't move at all in Drive or Reverse. PM me for more details if you are interested.

Other than the transmission problem it runs great and low miles.

More work than I'm willing to put into it though. Car is paid off, just waiting for the title from the bank.

Don't want to have call a salvage yard for it. Would rather it go to someone who might appreciate it more.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/c...310276116.html
Old 28 Sep 2017, 07:24 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser - Needs some love and a good home

That's a LOT to be asking for a car that age with a broken transmission and a soon needed timing belt change. IDK how much used transmissions go for in your neck of the woods, but around here that's about $300 and then you have the $1,200 to $1,500 timing belt job. Scrapper will give you about $250 for it. I'd either try to sell it for about $500 or part it out. Not meaning to be insulting, just trying to be real. I sold a good running GT for less than that. It had zero issues.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Thomas Jefferson
Charlie