Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > The Detail Shop

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
repair to woody vinyl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Sep 2008, 05:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default repair to woody vinyl

I am brand new to the forum. Have a 2001 purple woody PT cruiser...I am crazy about it. It has the woody siding...made of contact paper or something like that. I think it was the first year of the "woody" as the only other woodies I have seen have sort of a border around the edge. My woody effect goes right to the top of the the panels. My car has rounded strips at the top of the panels and the "woody" trim is peeling off of the top rounded edge. At first I tried to glue it back (with special glue). But now it is too far gone just on the very top edge. My car is not garaged as I live in the country. I have only had it for about 18 months (bought at 55,000 miles and now has 94,000). It gets a lot of use. What can I do to preserve the rest of the woody siding? Is there something I can cover the peeled off edge with that would look good? How would you recommend fixing it? My car is in beautiful condition except for this problem. Thanks so much for your help !!
Bonnie
Old 06 Sep 2008, 05:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: repair to woody vinyl

have a new woody kit put on ??
Old 06 Sep 2008, 08:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

More than likely, it's a woody kit made by PT Woody (PT Woody.com Home of the origanal Woody.)
If you call them, they may sell you just the part you need. I had some problems with my woody kit and they took care of it. As far as the trim, they do sell that separate from the woody kit. I believe you order it by the foot. As to speak with Kevin.
Old 07 Sep 2008, 08:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

let us know how you make out good luck !!
Old 08 Sep 2008, 11:46 am
Fresh Cruiser

I checked all of the kits at PT woody.com and none look like mine. I should probably post a photo if I can figure out how....my PT has rounded trim at the top of the siding panel and this is what is peeling off. The sides of my car are not flat....due to this trim. Hope that makes sense. So what I need to buy is something to cover that rounded trim edge. I will contact ptwoody.com and ask about what they might sell that would work. Because the rest of the woody paneling looks great I really don't want to spend the money to replace all of it. I so appreciate your help. We are still trying to figure out the other problem we listed under technical issues. The forum has been a great help ! Thanks. I am definately PT addicted. Can't believe all of the ways you can trick out a PT...I never knew !!