Advertisements
Well on to the next project:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2011, 11:14 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Well on to the next project:

Heya Everyone,

Sorry I have been pretty much MIA once again. Been super busy and still playing catch up.

As most of you recall, I have been working on getting my Detailing thing back up and running starting with a kinda sorta makeshift Studio out of my new garage, and eventually working my way into a shop.

Well the City passed a drought ordinance which I missed calling for water usage restrictions of a maximum of 60 gallons of water usage per person per day which is not to great for detailing cars. So I started a hard search for a shop which also proved to be a good challenge as most buildings that would work within what we were trying to accomplish had significant issues. For example on building was perfect except it had no offices and I would have had to front an additional $35,000.00 just to make it work for what we needed.

So after much discussion, we moved on to plan B which has been taking up all my time between Clients.

Plan B is now a 2002 Chevy 3500 1 ton Express Van outfitted with a 10,000 watt Coleman Gen, 3000 PSI 11 horse Honda pressure washer, 30 gal Craftsman Air Compressor, Hot Water commercial carpet and upholstery machine, wet/dry shop vac, hose reels, 110 gal fresh water tank, eight 5 gal bulk chemical containers on a custom rack up front, all my pads, bottles, sprayers, my new light weight 3M, and old Dewalt Rotary Buffers, Flex DA Buffer, and Cyclo double head specially balanced buffer, all my waxes and other detailing product, brushes, my 3M Sun Gun, Paint Thickness Gauge, Paint Temp Gauge, Gloss Meter, 10 x 20 easy ups for shade with side walls, and the list goes on, and on, and on.

Up front is slated for a portable fridge, on board safe for petty cash, laptop mount with credit card access and so forth.

The cool thing is its caged in the front as well as back windows, and I have bulletproof "Puck Lock's front and back so nobody is getting in without a good plasma torch. And on top of that I have a Viper alarm with pager so its pretty secure.

The biggest thing that is set up on the van is we have a full wash water containment mat, and are setting up a high flow reverse osmosis water filtration system to completely retrieve and recycle 100% of our wash water on a mobile basis along with a cool new system where I can do whats called "Snow Foaming" where I use a pressurized foam gun to apply soap to the entire car, let it soak for five minutes and then come back across with vaporized steam running high filtered DI Water and offer a good working touch-less wash to reduce swirls as much as possible, and finish off with the air compressor for drying off any excess water to a complete spot free finish. We also now are working with a brand new type of environmental chemical which is kinda like a dry wash but much better which is actually sprayed on using a siphon feed automotive spray gun, and has a more aggressive emulsifying agent which better encapsulates dirt and relater contaminates from the paints surface at which point the chemical can either be wiped off directly, or steamed off with a low pressure vapor steam cleaner to provide a good Eco Friendly mobile wash using as little as 12 ounces of water for the total job. Kinda cool stuff.

Anywayz, here are a few quick and dirty pics for ya. Keep in mind it hasn't been cleaned up for service yet so its a bit messy at the moment. Just got the wrap on but some of the lettering didn't come out right so its got to go back.

Along with all that, I got to go shoot a 57 Bel Aire full out drag car House of Kolor Kandy Purple over a silver base with a multise cross on the roof with a skull in the center of it, flames with skulls down both sides, and a nude woman in a martini glass on the hood. Came out pretty sick, and promise will get a couple pix shortly at the drags minus the hood of course... Family friendly Site ya know.

Anywayz, that's been my last few weeks. Luckily I have a couple days about mid week at which point I am going to fully prep my baby for a big show here this weekend if all goes according to plan. Then hopefully sometime next week she is going back under the knife for a better top secret redo of the front suspension finally and see where she goes from there. Never a dull moment around here no more.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 23 Aug 2011, 12:27 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Re: Well on to the next project:

looking good bro, but where's the simply green at? lol jk
Old 23 Aug 2011, 08:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Unhappy Re: Well on to the next project:

So many needs; so far away.

2010 Dodge Challenger SE as my day-driver.
2005 "Limited", Stage 1 Turbo Lite, the "Cowboy Cruiser".

Have now owned 5 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 23 Aug 2011, 08:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Well on to the next project:

real nice setup.wish i was in cal. sometimes. i recognize a lot of the items in the bins there ,i use a few of those (DODO JUICE) and others
Old 24 Aug 2011, 11:35 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Red face Re: Well on to the next project:

Hey their Guys,

I thank you much as always. The beast is slated to go back for a few tweaks at the wrap place to fix the lettering and then we are set to roll finally.

The only thing I am afraid of is work keeps on piling in. I already have 4 Dealership under contract, the School District is inquiring about buffing out 52 School Bus's, and I got a lead from a friend of a friend on a private 20,000 sqft warehouse with 30 high end exotic cars in storage that the Owner is interested in me working on.

At this rate this van is going to almost be booked already and will be looking for rig #2.

We shall see what happens.

Anywayz, I sure do thank you all as always. Big time appreciated, and if anyone in the PT Community ever makes it down my way I will for sure give you guys the hook up anytime.

Hey mityqwik,

Way too cool! Dodo Juice rocks pretty good. I got the full line along with a good stash of the higher end Zymol, as well as the full line of Swissvax as well including 2 tubs of Crystal Rock sitting in the freezer waiting for the right project to come along. Man, I got way too much stuff. Such is the life of a Detailing addict.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing