PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > The Detail Shop

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
One for the Candyman...well and others....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 May 2012, 09:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default One for the Candyman...well and others....

Been talking with Candyman about doing some graphics for him, which I'm honored beyond belief that he has asked, but came up with a few ideas and thought that I'd like to paste them here as an example. Mind you, the cars in these photos are all from members here, so if you like them just right-click on them and save them to your computer.

Anyway, Candyman, this is my suggestion - one of several - do a few photo manips showing before and after work. Meaning you get a comparison right there, in the same picture, of what the car looked like before, then after your work is done. You need to take both photos from the same location and the same angle, and if you can in the same light.

Here's a couple of examples, mind you the before in these images is the less colorful, it's only showing an example of before and after I do my photo manipulation to increase the "likeability" of the image. So the slightly lighter shaded areas would be your before, while the more colorful sections would be the after.

Kawi's Vette:

It's very obvious, the lighter areas are not as clear, nor as nice, as the more colorful areas. For your site, you would want maybe one or two with this many sections, and they need to be more of a really crappy before. Kawi's Vette before was pretty clean so really I'd do a half and half or thirds with his. Here's an example of that:

You can also try splitting the car in half horizontally, give the upper part the after image and the lower part the before:

Now here's a couple of PT's just funning with, really like the way these turned out:

'02 Touring before/after -

Cliff's Woody before/after -

Our fearless leader's gorgeous PT (some other art involved) -

And I really liked this diagonal cut -

Mind you, my before/after shots are before I cleaned up the photo and after, has nothing to do with the work you do on cars, but the idea seems pretty logical that you can tell a huge difference after you're done in regards to how it looked before.
Old 13 May 2012, 09:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: One for the Candyman...well and others....

Oh, and once in a while I'll zoom in on the vehicle and do a polkadot layout:

Inside the circles is the after.

Now, what would be really cool would be to come up with a logo for your business, create an outline for it, then place that in the center of the car. Outside of the log is the before, inside is the after. Really cool idea....
Old 14 May 2012, 09:38 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: One for the Candyman...well and others....

nice - like the instant compare ability!

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.