PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chip Foose

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Mar 2016, 04:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Chip Foose

I just learned from the 'Chip Foose' web site, that he uses WD40 as a tire dressing.......anyone tried it?
Old 23 Mar 2016, 04:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Chip Foose

I use WD 40 for everything from wiping down a car to tires to mounting the tires to the window trip it does not shine the tires like TIRE SHINE will but it will help remove rust and it actually does a good jib cleaning metal
Old 24 Mar 2016, 07:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I've used it for lots of things like this. But WD40 collects dust and evaporates fairly quickly. I've always liked tire dressing that is flexible but dries and is not tacky. However, I'm a huge fan of Chip Foose. I really like his aesthetics. He has a really good eye for what looks cool but also looks right.

Old 24 Mar 2016, 08:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 09:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Old show car tire dressing ...coke,Pepsi, Dr pepper...or just a sugar water. When applied it will ill not harm the tire material composition and the Dogs will not pee on them.
There were some that also used ATF? IMHO that is also better than WD40 for a substitute tire dressing.

Other wise I like Dress-It "Leather" by Protec-It inc. Car care products.

The many pictures of all my vehicles on this forum you can see look nice does not attract dust and help prolong the life of the tire.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 12:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I like Foose because he empowers his people. Not tear them down like at Boid Cottington's shop. Far as WD40 on tires. Well new tires look better longer with whatever you use than older one's. Chip doesn't see much old stuff these days. Lol
PGBCruiser likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 24 Mar 2016, 05:18 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Boyd was a colossal a-hole. His shop turned out a lot of nice rods, but his employees sure are a bunch of prima donnas!

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Thomas Jefferson
Charlie
Old 24 Mar 2016, 05:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
Boyd was a colossal a-hole. His shop turned out a lot of nice rods, but his employees sure are a bunch of prima donnas!
Did you know him or was that based on the show? That show was a joke. Guys like Foose and Charlie Hutton are top notch and went through that shop and generally have nice things to say about Boyd. I think Dwayne was kind of set up there to be an ass because conflict = ratings.

That and the constant "will they make the deadline" BS is intolerable. At least on Kindig's show he admits they are taking 18+ months to turn those things out.
Carnut likes this.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 05:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

isn't he dead??? he may have been something in the earlyu days but in his later days he was a giant Jerk or so I have read
Old 25 Mar 2016, 12:13 am
Cool Cruiser

I too am a big fan of Chip Foose... love his style; and he seems to be a genuine good guy. I was fortunate to meet him a couple of times and he was great. He spent A LOT of time giving me advice on the PT while stressing that my ideas were the ones that counted. My wife jokes that she was waiting for Security to pull me away; but Mr. Foose was the one who kept the conversation going. Met several folks who've worked with him and they say he's even nicer than the TV image. Bottom line he does great work and he's a family first guy. Nice to see.
IMG_3713.jpg
As far as WD-40, I'm amazed at the number of uses; I wouldn't argue any of his tips; but I agree - he has new rubber on every car he builds. I'm very happy with 303 Protectant on the tires. A very subtle, not too glossy clean that lasts for weeks.
Holy Smokes, I got a picture to show up... thanks guys!