Advertisements
3rd brake light

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Epiere65

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Oct 2016, 11:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 3rd brake light

I have a 2006 convertable touring edition. How do you change out the 3rd brake light that is mounted in trunk. Seems to be one piece.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 12:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 3rd brake light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiere65 View Post
I have a 2006 convertable touring edition. How do you change out the 3rd brake light that is mounted in trunk. Seems to be one piece.
Welcome to the forum

You should go to the New Members section and create your own thread, telling us a little about yourself and your PT and post some pics of your PT when you get a chance

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
150k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 19 Oct 2016, 01:44 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum.

The question you are asking is not going to be easy to answer. This will require a member that has a factory manual for the convertible PT Cruisers.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 02:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiere65 View Post
First, let me ask you a question. Can you open your trunk lid using the fob and/or the button in the glove box?

If you can't, the bulb is likely not burned out. Instead it's most likely the ubiquitous grounding issue with the trunk lid. Luckily, that's easy to fix.

If you can open the trunk electrically, then it's still likely not the bulb. The third brake light on the PT Vert is an LED strip sealed in the housing. So I believe you have to replace the whole housing if it's bad. If not the common grounding issue, I'd then bet on a bad switch or cut wire and not the brake light assembly itself.

PS: To remove the 3rd brake light assembly, remove the inside trunk lid panel. There's two nuts holding it on. But again, the assembly is likely not the issue.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 19 Oct 2016 at 03:07 pm.