Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > The Detail Shop

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Lazy owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jun 2004, 02:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Lazy owner

Wow, you guys are so dedicated. I am a new owner of a PT and as I have only had it for 4 days, I have yet to wash it although I did get to remove a bird dropping today- inconsiderate fowl!

My plan is/was to take it to the all-hand car wash once a week. Is that horrible? If I do that, could I perhaps apply wax myself every once in awhile? This is my first new car and I do love that brilliant metallic shine, but I don't know about how hard I want to work for it.[:I]

Dilly
2004 base, or permit me to say "classic" seamist green cruiser with zero mods unless you count the Mexican blanket thrown over the back seats.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 03:23 am
Cool Cruiser

I dont know about the purists at this site. but i take my car to the self powerwash once a week (atleast!) and then shammy it off right in the lot. It looks like im going to wax once every 2 weeks.

Maybe im psycho too.

Im fretting about the winter months!!! ewwwwwww
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 29 Jun 2004, 08:11 am
Senior Cruiser

I take mine to the self wash also every Saturday morning. Then I dry it off doing 60mph on the way home. Once home I do the rims/wheels and spray on detailing. Final job, clean dog slobber off the back windows.
Dilly, look into detailing spray, its a inbetween wax spray, spray on wipe off. Once it starts to get hard to wipe off do a major waxing. Have fun with the Cruiser
Old 29 Jun 2004, 09:31 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Remember what I told you guys about Chamois, it is now old school and can scratch your finish. The latest technology is waffle weave micro fiber towels. softest most absorbant cloth on the market. Go to my web site to learn more or e mail in private. Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 29 Jun 2004, 10:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Listen to Gary. He reccomends and sells VERY fantastic products.

I wash mine "by hand" at least every week and use Garys products, I AM a very satisfied customer.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 02:05 am
Young Cruiser

I agree with Hooligan, and would only add "quick delivery" of products too.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 02:30 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Gary turbomangt has great products and outstanding service!!! [|)] [^]
Old 30 Jun 2004, 08:35 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

Gary's stuff is the best inside and out, couldn't find a more dedicated businessman out there. And he also owns what your driving so he very knowledgable about what to use on a PT with Mods.

Gonz
Old 30 Jun 2004, 11:47 am
Regular Cruiser

Dilly...i use a all-hand wash from time to time (usually when i'm pressed for time) and have not had any problems. just get a basic wash and avoid all the other stuff they want to spray on your car. i still wind up doing a quick detail spray since i find they never do a great job, i always find water spots and occasionally soap residue. i agree with the other posts, detail spray is great, and helps remove things like bird droppings between washes. as for wax, if you are lazy, get one like gary's that really lasts for at least a few months. some that promise six months or more of protection wear off or evaporate much more quickly. i use meguire's gold and wax my cruiser about once a month, and my wife's neon every three months (it may last longer, but i'm trying to use it up quickly so i can get gary's stuff!).
Old 30 Jun 2004, 11:59 pm
Young Cruiser

You all mean to tell me that you don't wash, wax, and detail the insides every week?