PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How to clean my headliner? I'm

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Sep 2017, 05:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: How to clean my headliner? I'm

I use awesome from the dollar store. Best cleaner I have tried for anything interior cleaned the wife's head liner by spraying the proper mix of cleaner and water directly to the headliner. Brush with soft bristle, then dry with a bath towel. Looks like brand new. Carpets I use the same mix in a steam cleaner. Small pet steam cleaner. The only suggestion I would make is to add a small amount of fabric softener to the cleaning solution to give it a better smell.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 27 Sep 2017, 12:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
When you are in the yard and the car has that "biohazard" sticker on it, did they actually clean it first or do I just have to avoid touching anything? First time I saw them I thought it was cool, I mean the band is from the neighborhood. Now I just try to avoid them unless is something I absolutely need.
If it had been cleaned, there would be no use for the signs and tape. So unless someone just forgot to remove that sticker, it likely hasn't been decontaminated. Police and first responders often wear disposable gloves. Clean up of property is usually done by a Hazmat team afterwards, if at all. Sometimes it never gets done depending on local ordinances. More than not, slum lords get their untrained handyman to clean it up and paint over any staining. Upstanding landlords hire a team like I used to have at my company. And some city's have Hazmat teams for streets and public places. Private property owners are on their own. Car's are normally hauled away as is. The folks at the repo yard I deal with are trained to recognized a potential bio-hazard and put up the signs.

Ironically, our state has a special fund for this kind of cleanup. However, it can only go to the direct owner of real property that they live in themselves and the owner cannot be involved in a crime or have a family member involved in a crime in any way. This knocks out 98% of the folks that might need this money. Normally, it only goes to small towns for city property cleanup.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 27 Sep 2017 at 12:17 pm.
Old 27 Sep 2017, 04:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dg123 View Post
Hello fellow PT Cruiser owners. I have noticed over the years that Hy headliner has gotten a little dirty in a couple of spots. My question is, how do I clean the headliner? I haven't cleaned it, because I'm scared that liquid will make the headliner sag. So please let me know how you clean your headliner.
The headliner needs to be cleaned very carefully so as not to damage it. While many of the methods mention all work they may not be right for you. Also depending on the color headliner you may start to clean a small area and find that cleaning it left a very noticeable clean area which means now you have to clean the whole headliner.

If it is just dirty I would probably start out with a bucket of diluted simple green and damp rag application. Don't get the headliner to saturated with the cleaner.
Wipe the complete headliner then let it air dry and repeat the wiping. This usually works for all but badly stained headliners.

When you are done and satisfied with your cleaning results I would get yourself a can of fabric sealer and spray the complete headliner.