Couple of questions- NEWBIE

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busa_Powered

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Nov 2012, 01:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Couple of questions- NEWBIE

Hello Ladies & Gents, Newbie here!
Bought my PT last week, after all the discussions and dreaming of one for 10 years now.
Got the colour I wanted and a nice old beast with 68,000 on the clock.

My question relates to Cruise control - SET. Ok, cars lights are on, and i can see that the LED lighting shows a CRUISE LED and a SET lLED light. These aren't lit up by the way, i can make them out though.

As Beast didnt come with any instructions, manual or anything. I need to find out if the 2001 Classic does have this option? If so, i think my stick must be broken off then. There isn't a button on any of my sticks, or a seperate one anywhere round steering wheel.

2ndly- Where can i download a pdf for 2001? Ive managed to find 2004 onwards, But no earlier models. Ive ordered a book, Just cant wait that long for delivery. Its a NEED to know NOW situation im in.
Old 27 Nov 2012, 03:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Couple of questions- NEWBIE

The cruise stalk is on the right side of the steering wheel right below the washer/wiper control. If you have no stalk, yours didn't come with cruise control.

OLD PICTURE.

Cruise Control Servo is the silver and black canister in the upper left hand corner of the engine compartment.

Look in the Tech & Performance part of the forum in the top 3 or 4 stickys. There you should find a host of manuals and pdf's to download.

EDIT: Just noticed your from the UK. Servo might be on the other side? Heck, even the cruise stalk might be on the other side.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 27 Nov 2012 at 04:00 pm.
Old 27 Nov 2012, 03:55 pm
Banned

You mention you got the color you wanted but you didn't share it with us or provide us with a picture
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 27 Nov 2012, 06:08 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I spent a bit of time with Google images.
Right hand drive cruisers seem to have the servo and cruise control stalk in the same location as do left hand drive PT's.
Link is to 2005 year; scroll down to second and third pictures.

2005 Used Car Chrysler Pt Cruiser 2400cc Rhd 4500km - Buy Used Car,Used Automobile,Chrysler Product on Alibaba.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
The cruise stalk is on the right side of the steering wheel right below the washer/wiper control. If you have no stalk, yours didn't come with cruise control.
EDIT: Just noticed your from the UK. Servo might be on the other side? Heck, even the cruise stalk might be on the other side.

Tags
cruise control, owner manual