Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Europe PT Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Easy fit HID headlights in UK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2013, 04:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Easy fit HID headlights in UK

I have just fitted HID low beam head lights to my 2001LE. Took about an 45 minutes, and most of this was jacking up car and taking wheels on/off.

You can get the kit from Car Mod Shop (ebay) the guys there were really helpful and swapped a few things until I got a kit that fitted easily. They will now start to advertise this. Cost of kit is 39.99 plus a new bulb holder (BMW style) for 7.95 the pair. Make sure you contact the supplier to ensure you get the H7 kit and the BMW bulb holder.

Sorry I took no photos.

I left the original bulb connection on the original bulb holder, removed the old H7 bulb and pushed the two spade terminals supplied with the kit in to where the H7 bulb came out (I had to tighten the fittings inside the bulb holder as they were a bit loose on the spade connectors). I then taped these firmly in place to both hold them in place and not allow any water in.

The BMW holder has a small lip to the longest part of the clamping spigot which had to be nipped off, once this was done the new bulb and BMW holder went in to place just fine.

I loosened the plastic wheel arch liner and put all the cables and starter etc just about bumper height and used thick double sided sticky tape to stick the main part to a suitable surface. First side took me 1/2 hour the second side just 15 minutes.

I hope this helps.

XENON HID CONVERSION KIT 9006 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER 2000+ | eBay