Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Europe PT Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
After An Idle Control Valve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Aug 2014, 12:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default After An Idle Control Valve

Hi guys im in the UK just got my cruiser a few weeks back always wanted one and opportunity knocked. i got a 2001 limited edition only 74.000 on clock 1 owner very good condition. anyway it takes a few seconds to idle down wich i find annoying when changing gear. took out IAC and cleaned it but made no difference. As im a virgin to cruisers im having a hard time locating parts in the UK and would like to replace the IAC any ideas or point me to the best place to buy one thanks.
Old 04 Aug 2014, 12:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: After An Idle Control Valve

Scotty, welcome to the forum. A lot of us get out parts from RockAuto Parts Catalog as they have a good selection of each part, good prices and fast shipping but I'm not sure if they deal with overseas.

A few of us belong to the UK Cruiser which is a pretty big site/forum with plenty of help and lots of activity but if you really want to get involved, it's a pay site but well worth it if you plan on keeping your cruiser. Plus you can find out what's happening all over England with shows, meetings and gatherings of all kinds. Here's the web site: UK Cruisers Club web site dedicated to the Chrysler PT Cruiser
Old 05 Aug 2014, 01:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks CREWZIN i will check them out, and yes i plan on keeping it. be better once i get it running ok.
Old 05 Aug 2014, 02:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Just want to add to Crewzin's info - you can join for free and read everything at UKCruisers.Net, you only need to pay dues if you want to seek help by posting a problem.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Aug 2014, 09:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yes i will join it once i get the car running properly i managed to get an IAC and its still the bloody same, just takes a while to rev down sticks at around 2000revs for a couple of seconds. checked for air leak etc.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 09:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

OK, under the Bonnet (hood), look for the two wires from the throttle body that are attached to a wheel. One wire is for the cruise control, the other is for the throttle. Make sure the wires move freely when the wheel turns and there's no bends/kinks in the wires. You can turn the wheel by hand to see the movement of the wires.