PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
scan tool for CRD UK spec?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jan 2017, 05:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default scan tool for CRD UK spec?

Hi Guys,

Anyone tried a diy type scan tool on the SRS system of a Mk 1 (2003) UK market CRD car? I've had a topdon elite maxiscan which wouldn't read the ecu and had to be returned, though it would probably work on a US model.

The snap-on scanner with the individual chips wouldn't read it but my usual garage say theirs is rubbish and hardly ever reads anything anyway.

I'm currently looking at this one but ideally would like to hear from someone who's tried it:

Autel MD802 All System Elite Maxidiag OBD2 Graphing Diagnostic Tool Scanner

I already have an autel scanner for engine diag which does work ok and obviously doesn't read the SRS or ABS systems. So far I've only seen mk2 coverage for the MD802 on their website.

What tried and tested alternatives are there for say under 200?

Any help gratefully received, I know this is fairly expensive for diy but when you factor in fuel and so on , it's only about 3 scans worth so may well be worthwhile.

Thanks. Tom

Last edited by Alfie1; 06 Jan 2017 at 05:35 pm. Reason: clarity
Old 06 Jan 2017, 05:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: scan tool for CRD UK spec?

My friend had to upgrade his scanners here in the States because he fixes a lot of Dodge Sprinters, which have Mercedes engines. I would try a scanner that will read a Mercedes.

Unfortunately his are SnapOn Solus Ultra scanners with bidirectional capabilities. Those are waaaay out of the DIY price range, but it reads what you want.

The snap on scanner with the individual chips at this shop is ancient. We used to use it on my 1993 Lincoln, and it would not work on my PT either

Last edited by rob302; 06 Jan 2017 at 06:00 pm.