chrissy

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Alfie1
  • 1 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jun 2017, 01:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default chrissy

how to bleed cooling system on 2004 2.2crd I have no heat coming out of heater there is no hot water going into heater heater pipes are cold also can not find bleed nipple
Old 17 Jun 2017, 08:50 am
Young Cruiser

Default Re: chrissy

Usual problem on the CRD's is the thermostat, so first, is the engine reaching normal operating temperature in a reasonable time. Say five miles to reach midway on the temp gauge?

When I bought mine the stat had gone, water temp usually just about reached the quarter mark after five miles but wouldn't go any higher however long it was driven for, this of course meant no heater either. After changing stat (quite easy), it's soon up to the mid point and stays there, heating is now bang on.

I don't actually recall there being a bleed nipple on mine (2003) for the heating system, or that there was ever a need to bleed it either. Although I would attempt to remove an airlock myself, I wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone else trying, so whatever you do, be careful. Sometimes it really is safer to let the garages do it.
CREWZIN and ptprice like this.
Old 17 Jun 2017, 10:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum.

WELCOME and Forum Rules
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We encourage all new members to say hello and introduce yourself to the rest of the community by starting a post in the Welcome New PT Owners thread at the top half of the forum.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ptprice likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 18 Jun 2017, 01:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi Alfie thanks for reply the engine dose reach normal operating temperature about week ago the temperature went very high on way home at that time lots of heat coming out of heater re filled water next morning since then no heat coming out can not find any leaks but still no heat going into heater both heater pipes cold
Old 18 Jun 2017, 07:00 am
Veteran Cruiser

Your thermostat is probably stuck open. Replace it and see what happens.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 18 Jun 2017 at 08:14 am.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 07:08 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum.
I'd guess the thermostat is going south. If it has, during it's demise it might have fluctuated in the closed position, blocking coolant flow with the overheating, then staying open constantly not allowing temperature control. Cheap fix. I'd replace it. Give that a try first. Let us know if that did it.

How 'bout introducing yourself in the Welcome New PT Owners Thread and showing some photos of your PT. SOOO BIG's always looking for a cute PT of the other gender.

Happy PTin', ptprice
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 12:49 pm
Young Cruiser

Yes, definitely sounds like thermostat, I paid about 42 on ebay from one of the german suppliers. (select worldwide). As stated,it comes with the housing and is a reasonably easy fix - unless you break a bolt. Good luck.