TIPM dreaded problem

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2018, 06:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: TIPM dreaded problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt06 View Post
The good news is that you have a genuine authentic Mopar cardboard box!!!

Did some snooping about TIPMs last night and found some interesting info. from 3 different sites.
RPM Extreme .com reprograms them.
TSB 08-021-06 - shows that TIPMs can be reset for the tail/signal lights. The trucks pulling trailers that short out their lights are screaming. And I don't blame them for not buying another Dodge truck if the dealer charges them a grand to fix a taillight.

Plowsite.com claims that the same TSB flash will turn on non working headlights.

You Tube 'Dodge headlight problems' -- 'don't waste your money' also has a car owner [female] who tells an interesting story about her Caliber headlights.

I'm able to change headlight on or off when I open the door with the remote. While in the front seat. With a few touches of a button.

The pay-in doesn't stop.
I was going back through some pics of the repair work at the time and I think I discovered how the DORMAN top cover got on the MOPAR TIPM, the mechanic that was installing the MOPAR TIPM got the covers switched.

This is the label on the TIPM that is currently in my PT and I'm satisfied it's a genuine MOPAR part.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
157k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 17 Apr 2018, 08:47 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt06 View Post
The good news is that you have a genuine authentic Mopar cardboard box!!!

Did some snooping about TIPMs last night and found some interesting info. from 3 different sites.
RPM Extreme .com reprograms them.
TSB 08-021-06 - shows that TIPMs can be reset for the tail/signal lights. The trucks pulling trailers that short out their lights are screaming. And I don't blame them for not buying another Dodge truck if the dealer charges them a grand to fix a taillight.

Plowsite.com claims that the same TSB flash will turn on non working headlights.

You Tube 'Dodge headlight problems' -- 'don't waste your money' also has a car owner [female] who tells an interesting story about her Caliber headlights.

I'm able to change headlight on or off when I open the door with the remote. While in the front seat. With a few touches of a button.

The pay-in doesn't stop.
Brothers Dodge's headlight went out and I explained that the TIPM could be taken apart, he removed and disassembled and found a drain hole on the bottom of the case directly below the circuit for the headlights, he wired a switch in for the lights and moved on.
70 340 4spd Dart Swinger "Those were the days my friend"
73 Charger SE
Had a few Vetts on the way 69, 85
Several Neons some flips
01 Sebring flip
Cruiser's 01, 220K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 03 133K Gone to a new home
Cruiser 06 110K Project Gone to new Home
Cruiser 05 Ltd 120,809 bought with broken belt Oct2015
May 16 Resurrected to once again roam the streets.

20 Miles South Of Pittsburgh
Old 18 Apr 2018, 03:12 am
Senior Cruiser

Rickstein; At least you know that you have a genuine Mopar factory correct decal/label. -- just kidding-- Hope it lasts the life of the car for you.

TSB # 08-021-06 mentioned that the 'Star Scan' tool had to be hooked into the internet. Is this the level of knowledge and tools required [$$$$$] that a mechanic must possess to play the game? And this is only one brand!

Tags
tipm