Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Alteeza tail lights installed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2005, 12:30 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Alteeza tail lights installed

Recieved my Alteeza Chrome tail lights and installed them yesterday. Here's a pic.

Installation left a little to be desired though. They did not fit the same as originals at all. There was a rubber seal at the top edge, but none at the bottom, so it wouldn't sit correctly in the opening. I went to a hardware store in town and bought some self adhesive silicone door/smoke seal. Black, in a roll, with a tube type seal, attached to a flat mounting area. Had to cut it to fit the curves (VVVVV, kinda like dat), but it came out alright. Made for a tight fit, but at least it looks even all the way around now.

Put in the Silver Star amber bulbs (not liking the blue tint too much) and its all set.
Old 20 Jul 2005, 01:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

Looks good[?] I have heard of other also saying fit could have been better but like you, everyone fixed the problem.
Old 20 Jul 2005, 01:11 pm
Young Cruiser

BumperBob,

I just put mine on also. They look great! Where did you get the Silver Star amber bulbs & how much were they? They look better than the orange bulbs I have in there now. [:0]

Thanks for the info.

Mikey
05 Cruiser

Old 20 Jul 2005, 02:17 pm
Young Cruiser

Just happened to find them on sale at Advance Auto Parts store. I'm getting some chrome ones off of E-bay that may look better. I'll have to see what kind of light they put out compared to these though, safty first.

By the way, has anybody put in the LED type turn signals replacements? One E-bay listing says you may have to change the flasher module to another one, or use a resistor. I don't want to try them if that's the case. Anyone use the LED's?

Old 20 Jul 2005, 05:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Bob,

Looks great. Answered you on the other forum but won't hurt to pass it on. Most of the aftermarket lites don't fit as well as the OEM lights...don't know why. A two foot long piece of chrome trim that goes on the edge of the door will wrap right around the edge and take up any space left by the new lights. On a darker colored car of course you might want to use black trim. [:I]

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Jul 2005, 05:27 pm
Young Cruiser

Chrome door trim sounds good! I'm sure it's a lil' bit cheaper than the chrome trim rings they sell too! I might give that a try.

Thanks!
Old 20 Jul 2005, 06:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I also put a small piece of chrome tape (the kind a lot of us are using to cover the front hood and rear hatch struts) over the joint where the ends of the trim come together. Holds them together and covers up any gap.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 20 Jul 2005, 07:52 pm
Young Cruiser

Great idea Crewzin! Where can I get the chrome tape?
Also, I noticed you & BumperBob have the TYC rear bumper backup lights. I just ordered mine & should be here soon. Is there anything
I need to know about the install? Seems pretty straight forward.

Mikey
05 Cruiser
Old 20 Jul 2005, 08:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The TYC taillights are easy to install, you shouldn't have a problem. The chrome tape can be bought at any decent auto store like Auto Zone or Advance Auto. The tape comes in different sizes so unless your gonna cover the struts on the hood and tailgate, I'd look around for the smaller size chrome tape...think it comes in 3" width.

Old 21 Jul 2005, 12:57 am
Cool Cruiser

BumperBob, like your new tail lights. Sorry to hear they were a pain to install. Mine are the Candy Apple Tail Lights from Cruiser Motor Sports. Took about 5 minutes to change out and fit like the OEM. No gap or play.