Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Pictures of my new mirrors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jul 2005, 05:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Pictures of my new mirrors

These are my new hot rod mirrors. I used a filler panel from PTeaser and the mirrors are street rod mirrors from Vision Hot Rod of Canada. I painted them myself with factory match spray cans from Paintscratch.com.

Old 29 Jul 2005, 05:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

That is very cool and different. They are smaller than stock, right? Do you see traffic well enough to your rear?
Old 29 Jul 2005, 06:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

2Step - Yes, way smaller than stock mirrors. The visibility is acceptable all the way around, but obviously reduced. The drivers side is good, and the greater loss is on the passengers side because the hot rod mirror is not convex like the stock one. I have adjusted it to see into the blind spot. Overall more care must be taken, and I wouldn't recommend these for a young or inexperienced driver. Additionally they are manually adjustable, so it wouldn't be very practicle (by today's standards) for a car with multiple drivers. It's no problem for me as I had noticed that I almost never had changed the adjustment on the stock mirrors.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 07:53 pm
Young Cruiser

Hey John. Looks great. I'm amazed by the color coming from a spray can! Is it shiny up close just like the rest of the Cruiser? I wonder if I could paint my stock mirrors. ? That would be cool.

Although that might be dangerous. I'll end up spray painting everything in my house the same color as my Cruiser!

Mikey
Old 30 Jul 2005, 07:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

MikeyRam,

Yeah the paint is very shiny. Check out Paintscratch.com it's a cool company. They sell freshly mixed factory match paint in spray cans, touchup pens or in pints. They sell base coat and clear coat just like original. You should research the prep required to paint the stock mirrors before trying it. Do a search on this site for posts about painted mirrors.