Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New exterior mirrors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 May 2003, 08:39 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default New exterior mirrors

anyone see the new retro hot rod mirrors from PT Tzeaer? I might be able to see the $298.00 for a pair, but on their web site it says each? NO WAY/[:0]
Old 05 May 2003, 08:49 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Having my OEM mirrors painted next week. Got a deal from the local paint shop that did the work on my flames and bumpers. There charging $150 for both mirrors.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 May 2003, 10:02 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey Crewzin/ thats what my shop wants to paint as well. I'm holding off becuase I hate my stock mirrors/ wish they folded/ can't see spending another 200 bucks for folding ones, then another 150 to paint/ what do you think about painting the mud flaps to match? do you have them? tm
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 05 May 2003, 11:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I have the 01 model and it came with the folding mirrors. I also have the rear flaps with the "PT Cruiser" chrome lettering on them. I've seen PT with painted molded flaps and they don't look bad. It's a personal taste thing....I didn't want to draw to much attention to the flaps so I like them black.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 May 2003, 12:01 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Don't think painting the rear mud flaps would be a good idea as they have "some flex" to them and get lots of abuse being near the road. The paint is likely to eventually "chip" or come off--then IMHO they would look worse than if they never had been painted. The ones I have seen from D/C (PTC lettering painted white) don't seem to hold up very well after being on the car awhile. Just my two cents.
Old 06 May 2003, 03:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I painted the rear mud guards on my Almond GT to match the car. So far I haven't had any problem with paint chipping or peeling. I also painted the rear bumper protector to match the car.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 06 May 2003, 11:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Michael,
I take it that a little photo-shop trickery gave you the XXX licence plate...but how do we know you really did paint the mud flaps and rear bumper cover [:I] Although I do like the idea of the rear bumper protector in color because I've already seen small scratches on my rear painted bumper.

Old 06 May 2003, 01:50 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Crewzin,
Ain't PhotoShop great!! I guess that is another reason to not believe everything you see isn't it.

I do need to put another coat of paint on the rear bumper step protector. I find that it takes a great deal of wear and tear (unloading groceries, the dog, etc.) and multiple coats help. I have been very pleased with the MOPAR spray paint. Oh, here is another shot after the rear splash guards but before painting the rear bumper step protector.

turbomangt,
Even at $298 a pair those mirrors seem really high. Nice look if you are carrying out the retro look but WOW what a price. I am thinking about the M-3 power mirrors with integral turn signals on the front and they are significantly less than that. Since I don't have the folding mirrors anyway, I don't really loose much and I would like the mirrors painted body color anyway.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 07 May 2003, 12:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

[8D] Hello from us here at PTeazer. We are sorry for the confusion on the pricing of the Retro Mirrors it should read $289.00 a pair (not each). These mirrors are purchased from the manufacturer by us, we then make by hand the Body mirror 'Triangle' (for better words) which is a process of metal sandwiched in fiberglass for strength and then painted to the stock black. These are not pumped out by machine and are made one set at a time. I hope this has solved any confusions and questions. If you have more questions please call us on our toll free number 877-783-2937.

Thanks again, Guy
Old 07 May 2003, 01:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the M3 (a.k.a. Z3) mirrors installed. Paid more to have the signal wired up than the cost of the mirrors themselves

The ones I got were on ebay and are the LED manual adjust "generic" versions. The box didn't say APC or StreetScene or any brand I know of so I'm not sure if the aforementioned brands use this vendor or not.

Here're a few things to know about these mirrors:

1. The 4 LEDs per mirror are amber but are not really visible in direct sunlight. At night though, they look very good.

2. Black plastic finish is marginal and really should be sanded and painted.

3. Wiring instructions were "messed up" according to the shop that did the wiring. He couldn't get the LEDs to illuminate when parking/headlights are on. I believe the instructions stated they would.

4. Toss the included zinc screws, go to the hardware store and get black-painted stainless screws by Hillmann (?). Two reasons: Rust and you will actually be able to see some of them because the mirror-to-PT adapter is slightly longer than the stock item.

5. Be EXTREMELY cautious when screwing together the pieces. I snapped one of the plastic mounting pins and now have a slight vibration (especially when the bass hits).

6. The longer adapter does not have a rubber gasket between it and the door glass. When your window is partially rolled down and you close the door firmly, you may hear a slight buzz.

7. This part does not have weather gasketing like OEM.

8. The model I have has blue-coated glass that looks nice. The actual mirror size is significantly smaller than stock and takes some getting used to.

Boy, what a hit list! I still like them... so far anyway. Hope this helps [^]