Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
After market side view power mirror install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Sep 2005, 05:29 pm
Young Cruiser

Default After market side view power mirror install

I just bought a set of power side view mirrors off E-Bay. They arrived and looked great. The finish on the black mirors matched the body color perfectly. Now for the hard part.... The electrical connections. These mirrors have a side LED light feature. The connections on the new mirors will not fit the stock connector, I can't figure out how to hook up the LED feature to come on when the lights are on and the Haynes manual electrical diagrams cover everything but the side power mirrors. Thestock mirrors use a pink, blue and yellow wire out of the connector. Any help?
Scott Harris
Old 05 Sep 2005, 06:16 pm
Young Cruiser

I just checked PTDIY.net and they require you to pay $17.50 for access to their tech hep section. Whats up with that? I just need wiring info to hook up these M3 style side power mirrors. The connectors on the mirrors do not match in size or color.
Old 05 Sep 2005, 06:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The DIY site went to a pay site about 6 months to a year ago. It's well worth it if you think you might need the information a few times to help you on your projects.

Sorry can't help with the mirrors...had mine painted but the shop took them off and put them back on without any problems. Seems to me that if they were working before you had them do the work and they're not working now then they must have done something to screw it up...aren't they taking any responsibility? [:I]
Old 05 Sep 2005, 07:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

If I understand your question, you will need to run an additional wire from your front, side marker lights for "constant on" or from each turn signal light for "blink" with turn signal. The stock mirror harness doesn't have switched power for lights.

If your directions for the new mirrors don't indicate which wire is for the mirror LED's, you may have to test each with 12 volts.

On a difficulty scale of one to ten, this is a Five.
Old 07 Sep 2005, 12:24 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I bought the same mirrors and no instructions came with them. Even e-mailed the seller but that was a waste of time. DIY does give some instructions but its mainly for non-power mirrors. Still haven't installed mine yet.
Old 01 Oct 2005, 08:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

I used a cheap power transformer that came with a radio or somthing. I figured black was ground of negative, then just touched each other wire untill either the l.e.d's lite of the power miror moved. I you have a transformer from a model train set, that'll work too. make certain it's D.C. not a.c.!