Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fog Light getting fused too often

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Sep 2005, 02:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Fog Light getting fused too often

Hello, i'm getting troubles with my right fog light, is getting fused too often lately, all was ok until the rain seasson started so there are no indications of shorts or anything related to the electric system was what the dealer said when i brought them the car to remplace the fog light (the bulb) for the second time.

any ideas?
Old 22 Sep 2005, 04:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Look at the glass and compare right and left lights - if water gets direct to bulb when it's on, bulb won't last long at all....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Sep 2005, 06:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

Have you used dielectric grease when replacing the bulbs and are they 55 watts. Also check to see if the wires could be chaffing somewhere. Let us know how you make out.

Gonz
Old 23 Sep 2005, 11:25 am
Cool Cruiser

I agree with QSD. Sounds like water getting into the housing. Could be the housing or the seal around the bulb. Make sure the tech is NOT touching the bulb when installing it.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 24 Sep 2005, 11:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

QSD is right, i checked the fog light and there is trails of condesated water inside, i think the seal is broken or something like that.

The car is now with the dealer but not for the light issue [xx(],
yesterday getting back to work after lunch time it started to stutter while idle/relenti or at low speed and with firecrakers at the exhaust while speeding, PC misfiring or the sparkplugs I dunno...too weird for a '03 with 13000 miles with all the services on time.

Anyways i told them about the fog light, for my luck got the same technician from the last service/bulb remplace a month ago, so he said they gonna check the seal and wiring.

Thanks all, i will post the conclusion later.

UPDATE: indeed it was the Seal, but this time i gonna do it by myself
cant afford paying 60 bucks (bulb $30 plus handwork $30) now, had to broke my bellybank [)] to pay $50 for the bad sparkplug, so when i had the time and the money i will fix the fog light, besides the rain seasson is almost over so there's no sever need for it.