Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A new PT enthusiast...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Nov 2005, 02:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default A new PT enthusiast...

Well first at all I would like to greet everyone in here to take care of your cars and give it all that time =)

I'm 21 now and I was savin' a lot to buy my first brand new car... the choosen one was a PT Cruiser!!! I really love the way they look, but first I have several ideas that I would like to share with you guys... u got a lotta experience in PTs.

I wanna ask if the airdams, side skirts and all the aerodynamics mods actually fit on '06 models like it does in 01-05 models. Specially this one http://www.ptcruiserclubstore.com/ca...roducts_id=158

What about lambo doors? Any one have tried? How they look on PTs?

Tail/Head-Lights & Bulbs! What's the recomendation on halogen bulbs... max bright without melting something. And "Covers" for head/tail-lights to give it a dark look.

In less words I've looked the cardomain space of bigslim and found a PT that is just perfect for me...

The first from left to right... any recomendation/tip/answer would be highly apreciated!
Old 28 Nov 2005, 08:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. The Bruizer kit your looking at has front and rear bumper "covers" and there was a change in the 06 cruiser on both the front and rear so the kit might not fit. Many aftermarket products say "01-05" because they haven't updated the ads to include the 06 model, but since your looking at covers, it might be that they don't fit. Try calling the company that's selling the product your looking for and asking about fit for the 06.

The dark covers on the headlights are illegal in some states so you better check your local laws. I've also seen posts of owners that do have the covers and they say the covers do cut down on the light that's put out and makes it harder to drive on really dark roads.

Many of us have gone to the super white bulbs for headlight and fog lights. A few stories around about higher output bulbs that have melted the wiring so watch what you use.

The lambo door conversion kits have been put on by many owners. I personally think they look better on 2 door cars. They are expensive and I talked to one owner who said he would never do it again on a daily driver...only on a show car. For show, here's one that was at the Myrtle Beach event that was just held a few weeks ago. Lambo doors on the front, Suicide doors on the rear.

Old 28 Nov 2005, 11:06 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beqa

Well first at all I would like to greet everyone in here to take care of your cars and give it all that time =)

What about lambo doors? Any one have tried? How they look on PTs?
Lambo doors are ok if they are your thing. I have seen a few with them. Just remember, you have a very reduced space between the opened, elevated door and the car body. It is not something that you would jump in quickly.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 28 Nov 2005, 11:56 am
Young Cruiser

Welcome!

I think you've picked a great first new car, but I'll admit I'm a bit biased (we're on our second PT
You could start out with some black / gunmetal / graphite rims + lowering springs, and have a nice looking ride for under a grand if you're a DIY kinda guy....then mod away from there as your budget allows.

Brian
(ps- if you can drive a stick, I think they're even more fun!)
\'03 5-speed S2 Dream Cruiser #1582 w/MP Stage 1 & BOV. Plastic Intake Manifold, rear Eibach springs and Supertrapp axle-back exhaust.
Crane 8.5mm FireWires & Champion Copper Plus plugs, K&N drop in filter. Chrome Plastic AMX TTAB pipe.
(Metro Detroit Area)
Old 28 Nov 2005, 12:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome.
If you saved to get your Cruiser, you're gonna have to save again to get lambo doors....[:0]
It's good you have a plan for how you want your PT to look.[?]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 28 Nov 2005, 12:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum[^]!!!

I have also gotten my 2nd PT, went from a 2002 to a 2006. I have found very few '01-'05 parts will fit on my '06 [xx(]. For mods we'll just have towait until the aftermarket system catches up to us. When it does, look out!!! ,
Old 28 Nov 2005, 07:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. That it is my old blk PT forth one from the left. I now have a new 2006 PT Touring Edition (Cool Vanilla). I knew I had seen that picture before. That is one I took at last year's Hell Cruise. If you are in Michigan look me up. Send me a PM with details.
Front lowered 1.5 inches, rear lowered 2.5 inches
Kenwood in dash CD/Sirius/Six Disk Changer
First of a few mods

2004 Mercury Marauder (Supercharged)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigslim2
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484421
Old 28 Nov 2005, 07:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Since you have seen my CarDomain site you have already seen my wheels and covers. The wheels that I have are from Motegi. They are 17 inch. The wheel and tire package ran me only $750 new. The covers I had on the headlights were Probeam covers. They allowed more light to go through them. I have to give my grill and covers to my dad for hid PT because a lot of the parts for the 01-05 models will not fit the 06 model.
First of a few mods

Old 28 Nov 2005, 07:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome to the forum, you will get answer to anything that you ask on here its a great bunch of people [8)]
Old 28 Nov 2005, 07:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

My old blk PT.

First of a few mods