PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
installing Xenon "Crusher" Bumper Cover??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jan 2006, 04:58 am
Cool Cruiser

Default installing Xenon "Crusher" Bumper Cover??

I'm wondering when installing the PT Cruiser Xenon "Crusher" rear Bumper Cover do I need to take out my OEM pumper cover or it just go over the existing bumper cover.

The reason I'm asking is that my OEM cover is damage and I want to replace it with the xenon cover
Old 19 Jan 2006, 11:49 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ctown

I'm wondering when installing the PT Cruiser Xenon "Crusher" rear Bumper Cover do I need to take out my OEM pumper cover or it just go over the existing bumper cover.

The reason I'm asking is that my OEM cover is damage and I want to replace it with the xenon cover
You keep using the word cover, I think you answered your own question. It's a COVER, so therefore you need to keep the stock bumper for it to rest on top of. It just COVERS the factory one. Use the word BUMPER when you are refereing to the whole replacement of the bumper. I would just buy the APC Rollpan that several people have showed on here, and replace the whole BUMPER.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 12:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

APC[:0] They crack easy, dont't fit well, have a lot of prep work, I've seen about 5 of these and the 2 of the owners said they had to split it down the middle and take out about a 1/4 inch to get it to fit. My opinion is to pay the extra $ and get the PTEAZER retro roll pan, I have never heard anything bad about them.
again just my opinion
Bruce
Old 19 Jan 2006, 12:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bruent

APC[:0] They crack easy, dont't fit well, have a lot of prep work, I've seen about 5 of these and the 2 of the owners said they had to split it down the middle and take out about a 1/4 inch to get it to fit. My opinion is to pay the extra $ and get the PTEAZER retro roll pan, I have never heard anything bad about them.
again just my opinion
Bruce
Nice PT by the way. And yes, there are some fitment problems with the APC, but Ctown was looking for a cheap bumper and wanting not to spend allot.

I have the APC rollpan, and it fits okay. No cracking or breaking. It's been on my PT since 03. Only fitment problem is that the trunk is not flush with the bumper when its closed. But I've seen that on allot of other brands of rollpans. I agree, the PTeazer rollpan is better, but man is it expensive!
Old 19 Jan 2006, 12:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Like your PT. And I saw your link. Only it's XENON not EXENON. Just thought you should know.[^]
Old 19 Jan 2006, 12:46 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks for the car comment Wicked, Glad your's worked out for you and being that you've had it on from 03 till now without a problem is a good thing. Yeh the pteazer is a little pricy but I got mine on sale from maggie at race and street for $350.00 shipped. and that's a good price. I have sense heard that all pteazer parts are, or have whent up in price.I know that Mitch from cruiser motor sports has one that they build, might check it out. www.cruisermotorsports.com
Bruce
Old 19 Jan 2006, 12:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bruent
Yeh the pteazer is a little pricy but I got mine on sale from maggie at race and street for $350.00 shipped.
Bruce
Yes, $350 is a good price.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 07:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

nice pt !!
Old 19 Jan 2006, 10:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

yea rollpans are nice BUT if u parallel park alot u know u'll damage ur trunk easily
Old 19 Jan 2006, 11:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wicked_PT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ctown

You keep using the word cover, I think you answered your own question. It's a COVER, so therefore you need to keep the stock bumper for it to rest on top of. It just COVERS the factory one. Use the word BUMPER when you are refereing to the whole replacement of the bumper. I would just buy the APC Rollpan that several people have showed on here, and replace the whole BUMPER.
What I meant was that do i have to take out my OEM bumper COVER and install this xenon cover OR this xenon cover just go over the OEM bumper cover