PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hood, Bumper and Grill mods, my PT was backed into

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2006, 07:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Carchrism5
Default Hood, Bumper and Grill mods, my PT was backed into

Well last week my PT was backed into at school but fortunately the kid was honest and is going to pay for it. The damage was crushed grill, Bruiser front bumper was scratched and needs to be repainted, and hood needs to be repaired and repainted. So i figured while i am at it, I might as well change a few things. I am going to get two or three fair estimates first, then get the money from him. I am thinking about doing a billet grill from PTCruiserparts.com because their grill is $250, and the stock grill is $100 for the top piece, also I was thinking of having the holes filled for the wing emblem, so there is no emblem on the hood. Any other ideas? Anybody have the grill from PTCruiserParts.com anyone with a billet grill and the bruiser kit? Any help at all is appreciated, and suggestions are encouraged. thanks
Old 13 Feb 2006, 08:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carchrism5

Well last week my PT was backed into at school but fortunately the kid was honest and is going to pay for it. The damage was crushed grill, Bruiser front bumper was scratched and needs to be repainted, and hood needs to be repaired and repainted. So i figured while i am at it, I might as well change a few things. I am going to get two or three fair estimates first, then get the money from him. I am thinking about doing a billet grill from PTCruiserparts.com because their grill is $250, and the stock grill is $100 for the top piece, also I was thinking of having the holes filled for the wing emblem, so there is no emblem on the hood. Any other ideas? Anybody have the grill from PTCruiserParts.com anyone with a billet grill and the bruiser kit? Any help at all is appreciated, and suggestions are encouraged. thanks

Why not replace the hood with some type of Ram Air hood while your at it? They look really cool. Or a Cowel Induction hood? As for your billet grill, I would just replace the factory one and go to Pep-Boys, then purchase some chrome trim that comes on a roll of about 25ft. You can cut it to different lengths and it comes with 3M tape on the back. It's easy to cut and put ontop of your grill. It looks exactly the same as the billet grill, but at a fraction of the cost.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 08:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

If you're filling in the emblem holes why not re-locate the washer squirters and then you would have a real smooth hood.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 11:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Carchrism5

I'll think about relocating the washers, but for the grill, i did have the chrome strips on and it doesnt look like the billet grill i want. I want one with alot of bars that are close together.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 01:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:
As for your billet grill, I would just replace the factory one and o to Pep-Boys, then purchase some chrome trim that comes on a roll of about 25ft. You can cut it to different lengths and it comes with 3M tape on the back. It's easy to cut and put ontop of your grill. It looks exactly the same as the billet grill, but at a fraction of the cost.
Let's see. Looks exactly the same?

Nope, I can't make that leap either
Old 15 Feb 2006, 02:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Let's see. Looks exactly the same?

Nope, I can't make that leap either
[/quote]

Okay, your right. It's doesn't look the same. My bad [|)]
Old 15 Feb 2006, 02:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

I *know* the look too well.
Got one cause I can't afford to do the other.

At least right now.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 06:19 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Looks exactly like a billet grill?? You got to be kidding right????? Or maybe you need new glasses....
Old 20 Feb 2006, 12:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Sorry 2 hear about ur accident.At least the person that hit is going 2 pay.My insurance pd 4 mine.I was in a hit and run and I put a new ram air hood on mine.The hood was almost half price bcause the insurance pd 4 the rest.It sure changed the look and performance of my Cruiser. I love my new hood.I'm sure ur cruiser will look even better when its finished.Good Luck.Silverdream
Old 20 Feb 2006, 01:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

Looks exactly like a billet grill?? You got to be kidding right????? Or maybe you need new glasses....
I said I was wrong. I was just trying to save the guy money![|)]