Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
SP-2 kit from California Cruisers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Mar 2006, 12:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to douknowme12321
Default SP-2 kit from California Cruisers?

Hey guys, me again.. I was gunna ask if anyone here was familiar with the SP-2 exhaust and sideskirts from California Cruisers? Ive emailed them a couple times but never got a response. I wanted to find out if they are urethane or fiberglass? Living in Boston is just a big no no with fiberglass lol, and how much do u think and installation for it would cost? thanks guys, but if i got no luck here, ill probably just give them a call.

Hope to hear from you guys soon..
Tito
Old 08 Mar 2006, 04:45 am
Regular Cruiser

I think they are the ones that I have heard so many bad things about... as far as customer service, product quality, returns, time to ship, etc etc etc...

Check up on them b4 you even order anything.
Old 08 Mar 2006, 09:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by douknowme12321
Ive emailed them a couple times but never got a response.
That's all you need to know. They have no customer service.
I've seent lots of posts about them - DON'T.
I've heard if you show up in person, they're okay...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Mar 2006, 04:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

AHh! that explains why ive tried to email them like 3 times and never once got a response.. I see, no way im going cross country to find out what material they are ahah. Im prolly better off with the entire bruiser kit and borla dual exhaust in the back rite? I definitely need an exhaust tho, I think I may have caused a leak already in my stock exhaust.. but im guessin its because the stock exhaust isnt really made to accept the amount of acceleration i give out rite? Will the borla give me less problems with that? Im guessing i would need the entire exhaust because jus changing the tips isnt going to stop the problem huh? thanks guys

Tito
Old 09 Mar 2006, 08:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

My $.02 on exhaust - find a PT with the exhaust you're thinking of and listen to it first. I have a BTG and I love it, but some may think it's too loud.
Here's what the BTG looks like:
http://www.pt-tuning.com/performance...tzr_Duals.html
Notice it's flow-thru, unlike borla. You can find it cheaper - search for BTG.
http://www.revelenterprises.com/pt_c..._btg_duals.htm

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Mar 2006, 09:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I have California Cruisers dual exhaust. Bought it sencond hand. Looks good, fits well but way too loud. Had to throw in a 3 foot resinator behind the CAT to quiet it down.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Mar 2006, 01:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

hey crewzin, is that the stock pt bumper? I was looking at the bruiser bumper and it looks completely stock, all it has is like a little lip underneath the license plate, rite? Also did u have to get the rear bumper cut out to be able to put the duals there? looks like they are both evenly cut out.

Thanks again guys, This is probably one of the best forums!
Old 09 Mar 2006, 01:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

also crewzin where were u able to buy that exhaust second hand?

sry for double postin, didnt know if I could edit my last post..
Old 09 Mar 2006, 01:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

First, I just updated the picture to add my new Race & Street LED tail lights. Yes, that's the stock black bumper painted. Race & Street chrome licence plate surround and TYC back-up lamps with chrome surround on them too.

I picked up the Califormnia Cruisers duals from someone locally who had them and then sold his cruiser. He took off some odd & ends including the duals and was asking $100 for the whole thing so I bought them.

While the PT was up in the air having the duals mounted, I traced around the original cut-out. We put the duals up to see where they came out the back and I used a magic marker to make the same shape cut-out on the right side. It was the shops tin-snips that I used to cut the rear bumper and an ordinary file to make it round and smooth.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Mar 2006, 02:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

kool thanks crewzin!!