Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rolled Visor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Apr 2006, 09:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Rolled Visor

Have a rolled visor that I've installed 4 times with no success. Told to use silicone on the center piece to support the middle but the silicone keeps coming unglued, the last time I used epoxy and that has lasted a week. Any suggestions or experience installing a rolled visor from california cruisers. Love the look etc. but just having a problem with getting the thing to stick on the windshield. The boot is rubber.[:I]
Old 24 Apr 2006, 10:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

gorilla glue , just a thought [:I] i have used it on lots of things and its great!! good luck
Old 25 Apr 2006, 11:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I assume you are trying to install the visor made by California Cruisers (now Southern california Cruisers). There have been many threads on that visor that you might want to research.

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 28 Apr 2006, 01:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Maggie at race&street now sells the visor made by California cruisers.Now you know you'll get good service.
Old 31 May 2006, 09:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the input, did however modify a little and seems to be working fine. Ordered a couple of high powered magnets ($13) and inlaid one into the support that is siliconed to the windshield and the other I let it do it's thing with the other on the inside. Used extra silicone this time and has held two weeks with an average of 85mph for almost an hour one way commute to a class I'm taking for cicso certifications for the Navy. Looked up on the old forums and they've redesigned the visor to not screw into the top that seemed to cause damage over time and it looks great with no wobbles even at that speed. Will have to see how long the silicone will hold, fiquire it'll need to be redone as time goes on since the magnets will hold 80lbs and just 2" by 1" and 1/4" think I'm wondering why they didn't think of that themselves.
MODS:dual ram-air hood, flames, carbon fiber interior kit,dvd nav tv tuner 7\"touchscreen, Fosgate 4 channel amp, 12\" dual subs with LED box, mb-quart modual speakers, windshild visor, leather racing seats, Goldline springs 3\"drop, Tokico shocks, BOV, C.F. tail lights, and more. Need to install xeon side skirts, rocker pod guages.
Old 20 Jun 2006, 11:01 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Taggert_LOA

another option is to caly thew area of the winshield you wish to attach the visor to, aplly a glue called goop along with ose magnets. stuff cure in 3 days and it is an impossible bond to break.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 11:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Had a sunroof cut in once and installer used butyl rubber - I asked why not silicone, and he said silicone, "creeps" and will come loose, while the Butyl rubber stays grippy. Never had any problem with that sunroof. Worth trying...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Jun 2006, 10:38 pm
Young Cruiser

I used 3M double face trim tape and Adhesive promoter. It lasted for the last two years.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 09:07 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Rolled Visor

Just purchased this visor from California Cruisers...and of course the first test run down the highway the thing blew right off. Was just wondering if any of the methods listed here are still working...?? Or if anyone has come up with an ideas that seem to be working..??
Old 18 Oct 2008, 02:12 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross
Default Re: Rolled Visor

Mine was installed by PT Bob of Cali Cruisers himself.

I can take pictures of the final product ^_^

Heres what it looked like during curing

That is a towel with cat litter taped on top lol