Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
REAR ENDED

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Sep 2006, 10:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default REAR ENDED

Was in a minor accident this morning where a cab bumped me in the rear. there's one large crack atleast in the paint on the top, some black which I anticipat should be able to be buffed out and an indintion on the top edge just above the license plate. The company owner talked to me and wants me to go to a particular bodyshop where I can either have it done or get an estimate and he'll wright me a check on that aspect we did not file a report though I did talk to the police on the scene and the people in the cab are stationed on the ship I am. My question is what type of cost am I looking at since I suspect the body shop will be partial the the cab company owner as well as suspect he actually owns the body shop anyway.
Old 06 Sep 2006, 11:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hard to tell by your description on how much damage is there. Why not take it to a couple of other body shops first that give free estimates so you'll know if the body shop that's friendly to the cab company is trying to rip you off. If they'll write you a check around the same amount you get your first estimate, take the check (cash it) and go to your own place to have the work done.
Old 07 Sep 2006, 01:48 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I'd check around and get estimates. Maybe the one he is pointing you at does good work and maybe not. Maybe the shop he wants gives him a break because he does business with them. It doesn't sound like the damage is bad enough where the fix can really be screwed up. Ahhh, decisions, decisions.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 07 Sep 2006, 06:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i would go to other shops also, if they do work on cabs im sure they are not to caring to detail if you know what i mean, also watch your time frame of no report filed the last thing you need is cab company claiming it didnt happen and with no report you will be up the creek good luck keep us posted
Old 21 Sep 2006, 05:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

what happened with your car ?? is it getting fixed ?? let us know
Old 03 Oct 2006, 12:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to cpittaz

tell the cab company to go screw themselves and tell them you'll take it wherever you want too.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hotrod

Was in a minor accident this morning where a cab bumped me in the rear. there's one large crack atleast in the paint on the top, some black which I anticipat should be able to be buffed out and an indintion on the top edge just above the license plate. The company owner talked to me and wants me to go to a particular bodyshop where I can either have it done or get an estimate and he'll wright me a check on that aspect we did not file a report though I did talk to the police on the scene and the people in the cab are stationed on the ship I am. My question is what type of cost am I looking at since I suspect the body shop will be partial the the cab company owner as well as suspect he actually owns the body shop anyway.