Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
roll pans?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jan 2007, 03:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default roll pans?

Hi! Im looking for a roll pan for my 01 cruiser...is it possible to get one for under the $350 price? THat seems really high for a roll pan IMHO. Im not picky about if its no/single/dual exhaust, alhough id rather have it no outlets. Thanks!
Old 17 Jan 2007, 06:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Maybe someone else can come up with one for the price your looking for but I took a fast look around and the cheapest roll pan I've seen is $439. [:I]
Old 18 Jan 2007, 02:39 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have done a little investigating on rear roll pans, since I am in the market for one too. After talking to a few people that have them and a local PT parts supplier I have come to the conclusion that the PTeazer roll pans are the best. Everyone that has them say they were just paint and install, no messing around, a quality product. Some that had bought "budget priced" products had to spend a lot of time altering the roll pan to make it fit properly. One tried the "budget priced" model, tried to get it to fit, got frustrated, sent it back, got the PTeazer roll pan and it bolted right in, no fuss.
Maggie at Race and Street has the PTeazer "illusions" roll pan for $485.00 and the PTeazer "retro" roll pan for $450.00, both are on a special with $10.00 off right now.
Personally I'm going for the "retro", I really like the lines of that one.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 02:33 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to R3dWhitNCrz

Check out AutoTruck toys and APC has a rool pan/cover for about $280.[:I]
Old 20 Jan 2007, 10:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

APC has gone into bankruptcy. The low price might be a way of getting rid of stock parts, but don't forget about the poor fit and finish of their parts .....that's what put them out of business.
Old 29 Jan 2007, 05:53 pm
Senior Cruiser

Damn, no more APC, well, I guess we have to keep looking. Rice boys everywhere are sighing in disppointment. Seriously I didn't mind APC that kinda sucks for everyone here too.
Old 02 Feb 2007, 06:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

This is probably going to sound stupid, but on my 06,
to install a roll pan, would the bumper have to be removed permanently?
Old 02 Feb 2007, 11:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by samson77

This is probably going to sound stupid, but on my 06,
to install a roll pan, would the bumper have to be removed permanently?
On any year PT, the rear bumper is deleted to fit the roll pan. Some added a steel bar for protection under the roll pan, but I don't think it really does any good in a crash.

By the way, www.cruiserbits.com is going out of business. I noticed a couple of the roll pans that they carry have a reduced price (marked in red). You might want to check them out.
Old 07 Feb 2007, 11:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to rte662006

If you check out www.pteazer.com they show thier roll pan and a stock pt rear bumper after an accident.The pteazer roll pan looks like it has less damage.Thier roll pan comes with a tubular steel reinforcement that adds protection in case of an accident.Its thier web site so they are going to show you what they want you to see but it does look like it held up well.I will be buying a roll pan within a year or so and the pteazer 1 is what i will end up buying.Ithink at moss motors its on sale for under $400
Old 11 Apr 2007, 02:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: roll pans?

I'm not sure where you are but Florida has some strict laws about rear bumpers. the reinforcement is required. the bumber ends have to stick out at least 3 inches past the end of the frame rails. i dont know about the PT's roll pan. trucks dont usually have this problem. I had a few to many tickets for bum(p)ers. getting stopped even when your within the legal limit is still a drag!!