Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
check out my new buick-style portholes!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Mar 2007, 12:51 am
Cool Cruiser

Default check out my new buick-style portholes!

check out my new buick-style portholes! DISCLAIMER: no hood was harmed during this exterior upgrade

i purchased these at autozone. they were way cheaper than the ones you see on ebay. these are a shade smaller and slightly different, as they have "fake" allen heads. they look like they are REALLY attached. so much so, my wife and a few co-workers thought i actually drilled holes in the hood![8]
Old 19 Mar 2007, 08:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Nice touch! [^]
Old 19 Mar 2007, 09:09 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Looks nice. Now I know what they would look like on mine since I have the same color.

Do you have the manufacturer and part number of the product.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 19 Mar 2007, 05:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Johns Steel Blue

Looks nice. Now I know what they would look like on mine since I have the same color.

threw the packaging away, but pep boys is the only other parts store that sells them. next time i go to pep boys or autozone, i'll jot the info down for you.
gt model, modified airbox with cold air induction, magnecor plug wires, tyc b/up lenses, chrome grille kit, retro 3d taillights painted steel blue, buick-style portholes, nomad chevy trunk trim, blue interior light strips, and massive turned down diesel-type exhaust tip.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 09:01 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pppt03turbo

Quote:

threw the packaging away, but pep boys is the only other parts store that sells them. next time i go to pep boys or autozone, i'll jot the info down for you.
Appreciate the help. The area stores here are not to well organized. I went in the other day to ask for a valve stem extenders and they looked at me like I was crazy.

John

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 20 Mar 2007, 11:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

looks nice !!
Old 20 Mar 2007, 05:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

those are too cool......[8D]

19.99 at autozone.......

picked some up the other day....

but still need to have my hood
painted....[xx(]

mike
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Why do you want your Chrysler to look like a Buick? Would it be cool if I put a Skyline wing and a GTR badge on my car and called it JDM? Just curious, not trying to bust your chops, I just don't understand why you would do that? I mean, if you actually portholed your hood to alleviate excess heat or something, I could see that.... I guess I just look at mods more for performance than looks. My theory is the same as Jesse's, if it doesn't make it go faster, stop harder, or handle better, it doesn't belong....

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:36 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bababooie

I guess I just look at mods more for performance than looks. My theory is the same as Jesse's, if it doesn't make it go faster, stop harder, or handle better, it doesn't belong....
IMHO, you might be in the minority as far as most PT owners. A very, very large majority do mods for the appearance.

Old 21 Mar 2007, 02:02 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bababooie

I guess I just look at mods more for performance than looks. My theory is the same as Jesse's, if it doesn't make it go faster, stop harder, or handle better, it doesn't belong....
IMHO, you might be in the minority as far as most PT owners. A very, very large majority do mods for the appearance.
I'm not against all appearance mods. But why try to look like something you're not? Why not enhance the Moparness? (like that, just made it up, feel free to use it at will)This is not directed at the OP, but at the very very large majority....why stick everything that someone chrome plates on your car? It's not unique. It's tacky. A well thought out, well reasoned overall scheme, I can appreciate. A chrome dipped monstrosity? Well, that's a different story....I guess I just feel that if the bulk of your addons are chrome plated plastic stuck on with 3m tape, or chrome magnets, then you probably fall into the tacky end of the spectrum...[xx(]

That's why I don't fit in here. I like to open the hood and see turbo hardpipes, 50 trims, water injection, wet shots, composite manifolds, Crane 14's (ok, you can't see them, but still)..... you get the idea. I'd rather show you the ass end of my PT[8)], than a piece of plastic stuck to my hood.... and I don't think I'm alone.... but hey, to each their own.....whatever makes you happy. And to the OP, the portholes aren't that bad, I guess, just know when to say when...

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?