Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
O6 upper grill removal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 May 2007, 11:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default O6 upper grill removal

I bought a chrome lower grill from race and street. The instructions start with remove the upper grill. I found 4 bolts on top of the grill on into the frame that the hood sits on. However, the grill is still being held on by something else. Is there a bolt I do not see? Are there tabs on the bottom? Any help is appreciated!
Old 15 May 2007, 09:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: O6 upper grill removal

I just installed the lower grille in my '06. Once you remove the 4 bolts from the top, lift forward & lift. There are 2 tabs, one on each side. To make the tightening easier, I bought a "stubby" ratchet wrench to use.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 15 May 2007, 10:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks I just did that and got it off However, since I have a turbo there is not any room to get to the lower grill - looks like the intercooler is there But I just got a message from Maggie that included another persons solution. pull the wheel well covers and use the outside bolts only- according to that person that is plenty secure - I will report back.
Old 15 May 2007, 02:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I had the same problem, but I was able to slide my hand between the cooler and the frame and put the nuts on them.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 15 May 2007, 10:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Its on with just the outside bolts and retainers and seems plenty secure.
Looks good