Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
E&G Foxcraft sunvisor problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jun 2007, 11:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Angry E&G Foxcraft sunvisor problem

Has anyone else had problems with the aftermarket E&G Foxcraft sunvisor?
I had one put on my car at a show and within a couple months it cracked and I had it replaced. The next one I ordered to replace it cracked and I almost lost it on the highway. I again replaced it because if I hadn't there would have been several holes on the roof of my car (the one put on at a show was initally placed in wrong, so even extra holes had to be drilled ). It's now been a year, and this one has cracked and torn on both sides. :mad GRRRRRRRR
Old 02 Jun 2007, 07:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: E&G Foxcraft sunvisor problem

I've had mine for 3-4 years now and I've had no problems at all. It was installed by Race and Street and they did a fine job. That may be why I've had no problems. I know several others with the same visor and they've been OK, too. Good luck with yours.
Old 02 Jun 2007, 10:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I'm glad you've had no problems with yours. Race and Street installed my 1st one while I was in Carlyle PA in 2004. It was not installed properly and cracked and broke on the way home. They stood behind it and sent me out another because the original holes were drilled in the wrong place. I had the holes filled with silicone and the new sunvisor installed at our dealerships body shop. This one also cracked on the sides and almost flew off on the highway 2 years after it was installed (the silver paint faded in one year). I've now ordered my third and plan to install this one myself. I'll try one more time and hope for the best. I met another cruiser at the Niagra Falls show who had their sunvisor do the same thing. He said he wasn't going to chance it again, and had the holes filled and his roof repainted.

Last edited by Magnum; 02 Jun 2007 at 10:33 pm.
Old 04 Jun 2007, 11:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: E&G Foxcraft sunvisor problem

Ordered my vent visors from Burtman last week & installed 'em Wednesday night. The whole process took 15 minutes, max. I was especially pleased that the Saturn vent visor did not affect my auto-up driver window function.
Old 05 Jun 2007, 02:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

wow that stinks !!
Old 05 Jun 2007, 04:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Re: E&G Foxcraft sunvisor problem

I'm waiting for the new one to arrive, and I imagine it should be here in a couple of days. Here goes another $397.00 I'm wondering if there's some way of reinforcing the corners of each side, as it seems this is where the cracking seems to start. I think it must be related to the wind at higher speeds causing stress on the plastic. Does anyone have any ideas to add extra reinforcement? All ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 05:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I'm waiting for the new one to arrive, and I imagine it should be here in a couple of days. Here goes another $397.00 I'm wondering if there's some way of reinforcing the corners of each side, as it seems this is where the cracking seems to start. I think it must be related to the wind at higher speeds causing stress on the plastic. Does anyone have any ideas to add extra reinforcement? All ideas would be greatly appreciated.
My son has a '98 Sebring coupe - low to the ground. His sister bottomed it and cracked the plastic below the radiator. I found a tube of urethane at Home Depot or Lowes and applied that to the back - it's held fine for a year now. I'm also an epoxy fan.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles