Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Folding Mirrors?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jun 2007, 09:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Folding Mirrors?

My '05 PT GT Convert has fixed outside heated rear view mirrors. Anyone know where I can get chrome covers for them? Failing that, anyone know where I can get folding outside heated rear view mirrors to replace my present ones? Possibly ones with integrated LED turn signals?

Thanks!
2005 PT GT Turbo HO Autostick Convert. --- Bauhaus Progressive Rate Lowering Springs 2.0" frt/1.75" rear, Tokico HP Blue Struts/Shocks, Freedom Front Strut Brace, K&N Filter, Crane FireWires, MOPAR Turbo BOV, TOYO PROXES TPT 215/50/17 HP Skins, Sylvania Silverstar Headlamps, IPCW Clear LED Taillights, TYC Back-up Lights, 115db Airhorn, 13" Billet Radio Antenna w/ chrome bezel, Chrome: Fuel Door Cover, Trunk Lid Struts, Door Handle Cups, Door Spears, Hood Portholes, Washer Nozzles, GT logo valve stem caps, Steering Wheel Spoke Trim, NEW! Chrome Upper body trim, 30% window tint side and rear, Sirius One Radio, factory GPS.

Other MOPAR in our family: 2005 Pacifica Limited AWD
Past Mopars:
2003 Cruiser PT GT Turbo 4dr and fifteen others back to (my first and favorite) 1965 Plymouth Satellite 426 Hemi Conv't.
Old 06 Jun 2007, 09:38 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to infernocruisr01
Default Re: Folding Mirrors?

You could try your local parts dealer like advanced auto parts or whatever you have near you. They should be able to order the mirrors you are looking for. If they don't have them for an 05 try for an 01 to 03. Or you could always try the dreaded dealership.

Good Luck

Chris
Old 06 Jun 2007, 09:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for your response, Chris. The dealer is of no help. I had a '03 GT 4-door and it also had the darn fixed mirrors, too. Is the folding mirror standard on any particular level of the PT..........'cause I have never seen folding ones on a GT.

Fred
2005 PT GT Turbo HO Autostick Convert. --- Bauhaus Progressive Rate Lowering Springs 2.0" frt/1.75" rear, Tokico HP Blue Struts/Shocks, Freedom Front Strut Brace, K&N Filter, Crane FireWires, MOPAR Turbo BOV, TOYO PROXES TPT 215/50/17 HP Skins, Sylvania Silverstar Headlamps, IPCW Clear LED Taillights, TYC Back-up Lights, 115db Airhorn, 13" Billet Radio Antenna w/ chrome bezel, Chrome: Fuel Door Cover, Trunk Lid Struts, Door Handle Cups, Door Spears, Hood Portholes, Washer Nozzles, GT logo valve stem caps, Steering Wheel Spoke Trim, NEW! Chrome Upper body trim, 30% window tint side and rear, Sirius One Radio, factory GPS.

Past Mopars:
2003 Cruiser PT GT Turbo 4dr and fifteen others back to (my first and favorite) 1965 Plymouth Satellite 426 Hemi Conv't.
Old 06 Jun 2007, 10:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Yes I have them on my Limited Edition and its an 2001 and they are heated as well

Last edited by infernocruisr01; 06 Jun 2007 at 10:24 pm.
Old 07 Jun 2007, 12:08 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernocruisr01 View Post
Yes I have them on my Limited Edition and its an 2001 and they are heated as well
Yep, my '01 had folding and heated, too. DCX eventually went cheap on a lot of things that were on the earlier models.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 07 Jun 2007, 06:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, guys. I guess I'll have to go to a junk yard, then. That's if anyone has ever wrecked a PT Cruiser......all the PT owners that I've met have been perfect folks.......can't imagine they'd have an accident!

Fred

Past Mopars:
Old 07 Jun 2007, 10:42 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Just a little heads up about the 'folded' mirrors on the 02 PT.

The Fold don't buy you much. Folded in, the big aerodynamic shell sticks out almost as far as when it is not folded... only now it is all black and harder for anyone to see it.

The only time I had a problem (and I park on the street in NYC) was with the folding pivot breaking (replaced under warrantee). Since then I have not bothered folding in the mirrors.
Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 07 Jun 2007, 02:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

My '02 had them, never had a need to use them, I covered them with Chrome from raceandstreet.com . Maggie has the chrome covers for both the folding & non-folding. My '06 has the non-folding type.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 09 Jun 2007, 09:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, Hooligan. The last time I checked with Maggie, she diden't have the covers for non-folding mirrors. That's why I was looking for folding ones, so I could fit chrome covers to them.

Again many thanks!

Fred

Past Mopars:
Old 09 Jun 2007, 07:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

Fred you can try this site i know they have the covers for both folding and non folding mirrors. Its (AutoTruckToys.com) I have seen them on this site plus in there catalog.

Chris